The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC for developers

Hi Pete

How do developers go about paying to supply FSUIPC with their product. Does a developer have to simply buy a license like a standard user does and that allows all customers to use FSUIPC or do the customers have to buy FSUIPC aswell? Or as read in a previous post, do the developers have to pay to use the SDK and if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

How do developers go about paying to supply FSUIPC with their product. Does a developer have to simply buy a license like a standard user does and that allows all customers to use FSUIPC or do the customers have to buy FSUIPC aswell? Or as read in a previous post, do the developers have to pay to use the SDK and if so, how?

Developers who want to supply FSUIPC with their product and have it work out of the box, as it were, without the user having to register FSUIPC, merely need to reach an agreement with me as to licensing fees for that. Freeware get free licenses, for others it varies according to circumstances.

As described in one of my other announcements, which is *still* on the forum, I have been offering to send full details to any developer who asks for several weeks now. You need to write to the email address it mentions, please check the Announcements.

I'll be updating the SDK next week and including all the details inside that too.

Regards,

Pete

• 17 years later...

I am working to make sure that I have FSUIPC able to "Read" the "ods" file format in the spreadsheet file.  My questions are simple, I hope!

1.  Does the FSUIPC .exe file look for the ".ods" file when it runs?  The spreadsheet Instructions in Excel tell me to rename that .ods file to an Excel Worksheet, so I have, and l slso saved a Macro type format.  I have not got a clue which is best, OR what the file name AND Format should be in that folder?

2.  Is that spreadsheet going to be updated when I register my program? And will the spreadsheet continue to be written to it as I play the game?? 

I assume that as changes occur, such as telling a gauge what it is supposed to do, function like, they are written to and install the various code/instructions of the Flight Panels and Gauges that I am buying to install into a sim cockpit? 

Is it in the right folder?  Named correctly?  Smart people, like you, are able to write code/instructions to make hardware work so it needs to find and know the correct format    There are hundreds of possible control codes/instructions that are blank on that spreadsheet so someone must thionk that there are a bunch of things left to be added. What must I do to ensure that it is able to do so

I am NOT a programmer and have so little understanding of those symbols and "things" on that spreadsheet, and having listened to a Sim Pilot who has written so many of these integration codes for gauges and flight panels, and who makes his files available for download, I just want to be sure that I am making the Platform for those instructions to be right.

Thank you both for what you do.  I envy you for what you are doing and have done and really can't wait for your assistance

@Terry Kulp Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about or asking. FSUIPC does not read or write "spreadsheets". There is a spreadsheet provided, which is a temporary document giving the status of the FSUIPC offsets for MSFS, in lieu of the FSUIPC offset document being updated for this FS.

Please also note that you have posted in a thread that has been dead for over 17 years! And if you have questions relating to FSUIPC7-beta/MSFS, then you should use the specific sub-forum for that.

John