The simFlight Network Forums

Disable brake axes temporarily

Hello,

when the parking brake is set, a small input on the pedals is enough to release it. As I found in the documentation, the parking brake is not a fixed state but the application of max brake pressure. Is there a way to disable the pedal input when the parking brake is set?

This would especially be convenient for the small home cockpit I am currently building :) It has a hardware parking brake switch, and I want the parking brake to be set fixed and not influenced by a pedal input. Is there probably an offset like $0310A / $0310B which allows me to deactivate the brake axes with a switch?

Thanks

Boris

when the parking brake is set, a small input on the pedals is enough to release it. As I found in the documentation, the parking brake is not a fixed state but the application of max brake pressure. Is there a way to disable the pedal input when the parking brake is set?

Well, yes, by program, but it is actually realistic for pressure on the toe brakes to release the parking brake. In fact the way the parking brake is really applied is by brake pressure on the pedals then locking that pressure on with the parking brake lever. in other words, the brakes are the brakes which are the brakes.

This would especially be convenient for the small home cockpit I am currently building :) It has a hardware parking brake switch, and I want the parking brake to be set fixed and not influenced by a pedal input. Is there probably an offset like $0310A / $0310B which allows me to deactivate the brake axes with a switch?

If you want to fiddle with offsets, the toe brakes are disconnectable via bits in 341A, as documented. Maybe you've not spotted this?

Regards

Pete

Peter,

thanks for the information. I indeed missed the fact that I hadn't the current SDK - looking at too many numbers recently and thought mine was current :?

As for the realism: I agree, when you have real pedals with real resistance where you can really step on. If you really step on the CH pedals like on brakes in a real aircraft, they'll break into pieces. Here, the parkig brake is being released with the slightest input from the toe brakes, and now I can get rid of this.

Regards

Boris

I am curious about toe bracking releasing the parking brake, it doesnt happen in my case.- I have my CH pedals toe brakes working OK and a yoke button programmed for the parking brake and there is no interaction between both.-

It probably depends on how they are programmed and maybe on the aircraft model/panel programming. Does pressing the '.' brake button on the keyboard release the parking brake?

Pete

[quote="Pete Dowson

It probably depends on how they are programmed and maybe on the aircraft model/panel programming. Does pressing the '.' brake button on the keyboard release the parking brake?

I set and release parking brake with ctrl + (.), it also releses with (.)