The simFlight Network Forums

No throttle # 2 response in FSUIPC (FS9)

Hello everybody:

I have a CH Throttle quadrant that I had been using successfully in my old PC with many add-ons for FS9. I just changed to a new more advanced PC (Intel Quad, etc.).

I have re-installed all programs, including FS9 and have a registered version 3.75 of FSUIPC.

I have tried to calibrate this joystick in FSUIPC and I can do this for all axes, except the one assigned to Throttle #2. I have assigned "Axis Z" to Throttle #2 and the axis responds properly, when I calibrate the joystick in the FS9/PC calibration program.

However, when I try to process this throttle/axis in FSUIPC, as I want to include the reverse option (Page 3 of Joystick Calibration), this axis does not respond. Its "IN" and "OUT" values, remain at zero.

The throttle, does not respond in the simulator itself either.

I am at a loss and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Roberto

I have re-installed all programs, including FS9 and have a registered version 3.75 of FSUIPC.

Please update to a supported version of FSUIPC -- 3.75 is now very old. There have been many versions since then and currently the oldest supported version is 3.82. There's a version 3.832 available in the Announcements aove, too.

However, when I try to process this throttle/axis in FSUIPC, as I want to include the reverse option (Page 3 of Joystick Calibration), this axis does not respond. Its "IN" and "OUT" values, remain at zero. The throttle, does not respond in the simulator itself either.

It sounds like the FS sensitivity slider is set at zero (far left). For all axes assigned in FS make sure the sensitivity slider is max (full right) and the null zone slider is min (full left). Do this before trying to calibrate in FSUIPC.

Regards

Pete