The simFlight Network Forums

Anybody have the same problem??

Hello all,

does anybody having the same problem??

While online flying all of the sudden my Sim (FS2002) is changing the settings by its own and is unuseable afterwards.

More and more often it happens that during an onlinesession suddenly the Sim is reloading and I find myself in a uncertain position anywhere and many settings in the sim are completely misaligned.

For example the year is showing 24321 and the display options are changing by its own.

It happens sometimes if I call different addon programms to run and it happens most in conjunction with external weather programms.

If I then correct everything back to normal, means time , date, displayoptions etc the sim keeps running, but the Aircraft is not moving anymore and hangs static in the air.

If I then load my default flight it looks ok, but I cant do anything in the cockpit, means reaction to any switches and no transfer to PM via WideFS.

Its really strange, but sometimes I believ that this one has something to do with the FSUIPC, but I cant proof it and I do not want to blame Peter unless it is proofen.

I read some time ago in a different NG that somebody had the same problem like me, but I cant find it anymore and maybe here is the right location to ask.

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks

Holi

• 2 weeks later...

Peter,

I recently bought the my copy of the FS2004 and I got the same problems again with new sim as before in FS2002 (described in the NG above)

The reason why I suspect one of your modules now is, that I tried the 2004 for quite some time without any addon and modules and it was working fine.

Then I installed the modules, wideFS and the FSUIPC and the problem started again. As long as I use it without beeing online it is also ok, but the moment I connect tho the net and using ie Active Sky or wants to connect to fly online via SB the problem starts. Sometimes it happens after a few minutes, sometimes it happens after a hour or so. The signs are always the same: Suddenly the scenery is reloading and I´m static in the air with the engine running and the time settings to a undefined date.

Loading a flight from the autosave tool doesnt help the Aircraft is static without moving at all , no response to the controls etc.

The only thing I can do is restarting the sim.

What I observed is, that this nearly always happens, if the online weather is downloaded either by Activer sky or SB, whatever I use, the other thing is that for a very short time (4 to 10 sec)the indication in the menu bar is showing 2 clients connected instead of normally 1.

You have any idea?

This is very disturbing and anoying, since I have always disconnect from the online flight and these ting happens more and more. Sometimes I have to restart the sim 3-4 times in an hour and that is not very pleasant.

Flying without net it only very rare that this happens.

RGDS

HOLI

I recently bought the my copy of the FS2004 and I got the same problems again with new sim as before in FS2002 (described in the NG above)

The reason why I suspect one of your modules now is, that I tried the 2004 for quite some time without any addon and modules and it was working fine.

But from what you go on to say, there are other things you are not using when it is okay, not just my modulesSB for instance? Multiplayer?

As long as I use it without beeing online it is also ok

Okay, then that narrows it down a lot, doesn't it? It is either to do witth the internet connection itself, or multiplayer. Neither of these will have any bearing on any of my modules, except possibly WideFS, depending what protocol you are using.

The signs are always the same: Suddenly the scenery is reloading and I´m static in the air with the engine running and the time settings to a undefined date.

Phew! That does sound odd. And you had this when on-line with FS2002 as well? I think you need to check with other SB users.

the other thing is that for a very short time (4 to 10 sec)the indication in the menu bar is showing 2 clients connected instead of normally 1.

All that means is that WideServer was held up long enough for WideClient to time out and reconnect. This can happen during scenery loading for instance. It isn't a problem.

Flying without net it only very rare that this happens.

But it still happens? With no internet connection at all?

Sorry, but I certainly have not heard of anything like this before. It does sound suspiciously like something is interacting quite badly between your internet connection and FS. Possibly there's some conflict like the video drivers operating on the same IRQ as your Ethernet card or modem or whatever?

If you are using the FS PC to connect to the Internet, try using the client instead, and running SB there. And so on, I'm sure that with two PCs you can try a variety of things to isolate the problem.

My modules get the blame for almost everything, and it is very depressing. I think you will find your solution elsewhere though, in this case. It certainly won't be anything to do with FSUIPC's weather facilities as the FS2004 code and FS2002 code for the weather is entirely separate and different -- it had to be, FS2004's weather is totally different.

Since the only other aspects used by SB in FSUIPC are for position read-outs, and pretty much all programs use those aspects, whether on-line or not, I really think FSUIPC is ruled out of the suspects. You should be looking at what is unique about flying on-line. (1) the internet connection, and (2) the multiplayer interface. Neither of these involve my modules.

Oh, one more thing to think about. If this is happening on one PC only (i.e. you've not got it on another, or have no other suitable PC to try), it could be a hardware problem. I had some VERY weird stuff going on for weeks on one of my PCs. It turned out to be a bad memory stick. Oddly enough, it didn't often cause crashes, just weird things. And only when I loaded up the PC fairly heavily. I guess it was going bad in an areas rarely allocated, and then just affecting data, not program.

Regards,

Pete

Sorry Peter, I did not want to blame you!!!

All I was saying is that there is maybe a connection between online weather and the tranfer via FSUIPC to the sim what could create this problem, when I was offline I still used the weather from Active Sky in "offline mode".

Even me has not heard from anybody else having my problem.

I will follow your advice and get the Sim to another computer and run everything from there.

Thank you anyway and again - no blame on you, since I know you since long and you are always very helpfull!

Thnks!

Regards

Holi

All I was saying is that there is maybe a connection between online weather and the tranfer via FSUIPC to the sim what could create this problem, when I was offline I still used the weather from Active Sky in "offline mode".

In that case try it without ActiveSky, though I doubt that it is to do with the weather. As I said, the weather system in FS and in FSUIPC is completely different between FS2002 and FS2004. Even though there might well be bugs in both, I really very much doubt that they could be the same bugs! :)

If it isn't a hardware problem, I am more inclined to think it is some interaction with the multiplayer side of things, since that is the main common thread. Perhaps it is to do with attempts to make images of someone else's aircraft using some badly installed textures or aircraft model in your FS installation? I don't know a lot about SB, Multiplayer and flying on-line, but doesn't it use specially installed stuff to get the other aircraft visualised?

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Pete!!

I hope you remember a few days ago we had an exchange of e-mails related to my problem, that my sim was locking when I used WideFs.

Thanks to your advises and not others having the same problem, I did a few more things to my network and did more testing yesterday.

I changed the NIC in the main computer and as I got the problem again, but only 1 time after about 1.5hours, I suspected that maybe something else could be wrong.

I exchanged the Network cables (used the ones from the other computers, which did not run during my tests) and after that I have not have any problems.

I did that first offline since I was trying to eliminate all interference.

Then , after having no problems, I went online and did two pretty long flights, 2 and 1,5 hours, without having a problem.

I assume my problem is solved, only because of your help, pointing to the right direction with problems in the network.

Since I now can enjoy flying with the new sim I would like to know when you are coming up with the new Version of the FSUIPC solving the problem with the visibility going to unlimited.

Thanks again Peter and take care! Enjoy Stoke on Trent, if I will be in RR at Derby I try to make it happen to visit your city and if you are free,

I invite you in a pub for a beer!!

RGDS

HOLI:D

I exchanged the Network cables (used the ones from the other computers, which did not run during my tests) and after that I have not have any problems.

Hey, that's GREAT news! Fancy it being cables! Just shows, even the simplest things can go wrong!

Thanks for letting me know!

Best regards,

Pete