The simFlight Network Forums

Go Flight MCP Advanced programming

Hello!

With the help of some good folks in the LVLD767 forum and Pete*s manuals, I learned how to program two important GoFlight modules (the EFIS and the MCP-Advanced) with FSUIPC, for use with add-ons to the FS9.

They both, work *like a charm* with the LVLD767 in my FS9. Granted, the MCP*s program files (.dll*s and such) are readily available from LVLD and the EFIS programming was carefully explained in their forums.

I followed the process to program other add-ons and the *macro* and

*buttons* programming of the EFIS for the PMDG 737-700 went OK.

However, when I programmed the FMC-Advanced for the PMDG 737, I am faced with a particular problem, related to the rotary knobs/functions.

What happens is that the speed/rate at which the numbers in the monitor

(panel) window change, is half the speed/rate at which the numbers change in the respective window of the MCP module.

In other words, for each two *clicks* of the rotary knob, the number changes once on the monitor/panel while it changes twice in the GoFlight MCP window.

So, for example, if both heading windows started at *000* and I turned 30 *clicks* to the right, the GoFlight module window would show a heading of *030*, but the heading on the panel (in the MCP window as well as the magenta dashed line on the HSI) would only show *015*.

This happens with the four rotary knobs which are assigned to CRS, HDG, SPEED and ALT.

I have currently updated and registered versions of everything and my PC runs on Windows XP.

Could anybody suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for the assistance!

Regards,

Roberto

What happens is that the speed/rate at which the numbers in the monitor

(panel) window change, is half the speed/rate at which the numbers change in the respective window of the MCP module.

In other words, for each two *clicks* of the rotary knob, the number changes once on the monitor/panel while it changes twice in the GoFlight MCP window.

So, for example, if both heading windows started at *000* and I turned 30 *clicks* to the right, the GoFlight module window would show a heading of *030*, but the heading on the panel (in the MCP window as well as the magenta dashed line on the HSI) would only show *015*.

This happens with the four rotary knobs which are assigned to CRS, HDG, SPEED and ALT.

Who or what is updating the values in the GoFlight display?

Have you perhaps only programmed the "press" of the respective buttons and not also the "release"? Most of those types of rotary controller click for every change, but what is actually happening is that each click either makes the contact (like pressing a button) or disconnects the contact (like releasing the button), alternately. If you've only programmed the "press" action, the updates in FS will be half of those the unit itself presumably ses (assuming it is maintaining its own values?).

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete!!

You are!! :D :D :D I mean, your FSUIPC is :D

As usual, you are right.

I will correct the programming to include the "release" as that for sure is the issue.

Thanks for the very prompt reply.

Roberto

You are!! :D :D :D I mean, your FSUIPC is

No, it can't. There are no facilities in FSUIPC to write to any external displays. It has to be done by another program. Maybe you are using my little GFdisplay program?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete:

It just goes to show my utterly inadequate knowledge of computer systems and their programming. I manage to enjoy this hobby and all it offers, by strictly following manuals and procedures developed by others.

At times, I am a bit embarrassed at having to post my questions (after duly searching the FAQ's and forums!) but then, I have always received a solution.

I believe that the GF displays are handled through their own ".dll" files (GFMcp..., GFDev..., etc.). However, now that you have mentioned "your little" GFDisplay file, I have downloaded it and I will see how it might help me if the re-programming of the "buttons" as you suggested above, does not go well.

Thanks again for all the help

Roberto