The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIP and Reality XP Garmin 430

I am interested in doing something similar using Peter Dowsen's program WideFS with the Reality 530XP gauge. I want to be able to it on another monitor.

Does anyone know if I can put the RXPs GARMIN 530XP on a networked computer and run it on a separate monitor using WideFS? I believe the program has to be run on the second computer, apart from the one running FSX, and I'm not sure we are free to do that.

Thanks a lot,

Pilot Mark

Does anyone know if I can put the RXPs GARMIN 530XP on a networked computer and run it on a separate monitor using WideFS?

No. They don't use FSUIPC at all and are therefore not candidates for interfacing to WideFS either. In fact I'm reasonably sure that the RealityXP panel products are effectively FS gauges and must be run as part of FS just like any other parts of FS panels.

If you want it on a separate monitor you would have to have another monitor on the same PC as FS, then undock the gauge and drag it over.

Pete

As stated, RXP is a guage inside FS.

This might help some:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_p?TID=11260

I have the RXP GNS 530 running as a hardware GPS using real buttons and rotaries. The RXP GNS is un-docked and moved to a second monitor. In my case an 8" lcd screen connected to port 2 on the videocard. Functions are controlled with GoFlight P8 and RP48 units which are assigned keyboard commands through FSUIPC. The GNS bezel graphic is removed using panel.cfg adjustments as noted in the attached link.

Regards.