The simFlight Network Forums

Autothrottle toggle

I have been practicing aborted takeoffs on my PMDG 747-400. It would be a great help if I was able to toggle the autothrottle on and off using a toggle switch on my CH Products yoke instead of having to fiddle about with the mouse to deactivate the autothrottle before reducing the throttles to idle. I have tried to set up a switch using FSUIPC4 but can only see how to arm the autothrottle and activate TOGA. Any suggestions to solve my problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

It would be a great help if I was able to toggle the autothrottle on and off using a toggle switch on my CH Products yoke instead of having to fiddle about with the mouse to deactivate the autothrottle before reducing the throttles to idle.

Such a "toggle" is in use in many hardware cockpits.

I have tried to set up a switch using FSUIPC4 but can only see how to arm the autothrottle and activate TOGA. Any suggestions to solve my problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Autothrottle Arm control IS a toggling control. Use that to arm and dis-arm. Haven't you even tried it yet?

If you are unsure about what controls do what, but know how to do it on the FS panel, just enable the Event logging in FSUIPC (logging tab), operate the control, and look in the FSUIPC Log file (in the modules folder). You will see the name and number of the control, and any parameter value it used.

Pete

I have been practicing aborted takeoffs on my PMDG 747-400. It would be a great help if I was able to toggle the autothrottle on and off using a toggle switch on my CH Products yoke instead of having to fiddle about with the mouse to deactivate the autothrottle before reducing the throttles to idle. I have tried to set up a switch using FSUIPC4 but can only see how to arm the autothrottle and activate TOGA. Any suggestions to solve my problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

Arming and disarming AT (on MCP-panel) can easely be done via the PMDG-menu\keyboard assignment , look for "MCP - press AT".

I the event of a aborted TO, you have to assign at key-command to the option "MCP Abort TO / Discon AT".

If you have no aborted TO, you can press this same button to disconnect AT (on landing)

Then you program these two assignments to your hardware.

I use this all the way without using FSUIPC (sorry Pete :? )

Thanks to both Pete and William for posting replies. Regarding the AT arm control Pete asks me "Haven't you even tried it yet" Well yes, I have even tried it yet and it did not work. It works on the FSX default 747 but not on the PMDG 747 (which is why I specified the PMDG version in my original post). And i did know that the AT Arm control is a toggling control as I said initially that I wanted to toggle it using my yoke.

I have solved the problem thanks to Williams suggestion. I allocated a keyboard assignment in the PMDG-menu to AT arm and then used FSUIPC4 to allocate a button on my flight yoke to send the keyboard assignment to FSX.

Thanks to both Pete and William for posting replies. Regarding the AT arm control Pete asks me "Haven't you even tried it yet" Well yes, I have even tried it yet and it did not work. It works on the FSX default 747 but not on the PMDG 747 (which is why I specified the PMDG version in my original post).

Ah, sorry. I hadn't realised that PMDG had used something different there as well.

I have solved the problem thanks to Williams suggestion. I allocated a keyboard assignment in the PMDG-menu to AT arm and then used FSUIPC4 to allocate a button on my flight yoke to send the keyboard assignment to FSX.

Ok, good. Another way possible usually with PMDG panels is to program a mouse macro in FSUIPC for that function, and then assign that. This works for virtually all ops on the overhead -- I do know that -- so I assume it should work for other parts of the cockpit.

Regards

Pete