The simFlight Network Forums

dding to existing Mouse Macro : hanging on reloading

Hello Pete,

Wonderfull feature the Mouse Macros are.

Today I wanted to add to an existing MCRO file.

I typed the exact name and then Enter.

When trying to load it I get the message " Saving and/or reloading FSUIPC settings. Please wait .... "

And then nothing happens and the message stays on the screen.

When clicking oK FSUIPC continues , but even though the Mouse Macro window in FSX appears and I make the macro , at the end nothing has been saved.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong here ?

Thanks,

Gerard

Today I wanted to add to an existing MCRO file.

I typed the exact name and then Enter.

When trying to load it I get the message " Saving and/or reloading FSUIPC settings. Please wait .... "

And then nothing happens and the message stays on the screen.

When clicking oK FSUIPC continues

That sounds like a little screen update buglet (not serious, just a Window not getting closing when it should) which was fixed a few weeks ago. what version of FSUIPC are you using, please? (This is information I ALWAYS need, every time!). You don't even say whether it is FSUIPC3 or FSUIPC4!

If it isn't the latest from the Updates above, could you also try that.

... but even though the Mouse Macro window in FSX appears and I make the macro , at the end nothing has been saved.

It only gets saved when you return to the Options screen and select End macro making.

Pete

Thanks for thge quick reply. FSUIPC version is 4.5.

My system is Vista 64 bit and I am running 2 screens as 1 desktop through a Matrox DualHead2Go.

Windows sees 1 monitor in 3360x1050 resolution

I don't know if it has anything to do with that.

The existing MCRO file does wotrkj perfectly on my system.

I tried making a new MCRO file , but it hangs at the same point.

Update : by clciking on the window it disappears, I click OK and than I am able to make the macro.

Like you wrote , nothing serious..

Best regards,

Gerard :wink:

FSUIPC version is 4.5.

Okay. Please try 4.507, from the Updates Announcement above.

My system is Vista 64 bit and I am running 2 screens as 1 desktop through a Matrox DualHead2Go.

Windows sees 1 monitor in 3360x1050 resolution

I don't know if it has anything to do with that.

No, it is only a timing coincidence -- the dialogue asking for the macro filename is closed externally, but in some circumstances it doesn't actually close the Window.

I tried making a new MCRO file , but it hangs at the same point.

Well "hang" is too strong a work. I think it is merely a windows drawing error.

Update : by clciking on the window it disappears, I click OK and than I am able to make the macro.

Yes, as I thought.

Like you wrote , nothing serious..

No, but i hope it is fixed in 4.507. I can't make it happen here, but then, as i said, it is a matter of timing. Please let me know if it still happens and I will re-examine the code.

Regards,

Pete

Hello Pete,

With the beta no hangups.

However I have another issue :

I load an existing MCRO file to add a macro.

In this case WPT.

When trying TAB no reaction.

I took a look at the file and saw that my line in the MCRO file is different :

Macros]

Module="PMDG_MD11.DLL"

1=NDRangeUP=RX5900*X8b00

2=NDrangeDN=RX5910*X8b00

3=VSup=RX6330*X8bcc,13

4=VSdn=RX6330*X8bcc,31

5=vor2=RX58e0*X8b00

6=adf1=RX58d0*X8b00

7=adf2=RX58f0*X8b00

8=data=RX5870*X8b00

9=WPT=R1:Xf330*X8bcc

In the original file it looked like :

10=wpt=RX5880*X8b00

( There is no 11 or 17 , so I presume that that is not needed. )

The macro appears in the keypress list on the left side.

Then I choose my kepress, confirm and the macro + keypress combination appears on the right.

However it is not working in FSX.

I am really puzzled here.

Hopefully it is something that I did wrong and not because my desktop is twice as wide.

With the beta no hangups.

Thought not.

I load an existing MCRO file to add a macro.

In this case WPT.

When trying TAB no reaction.

If TAB doesn't work then it probably isn't a mouse-macro-able action.

I took a look at the file and saw that my line in the MCRO file is different :

9=WPT=R1:Xf330*X8bcc

The 1: part refers to a different Gauge file. There should be a line giving the gauge name, like

module1="XXXX.GAU" (or maybe "XXXX.DLL", whatever).

Evidently, the place FS called when you clicked was not in the "default" module, "PMDG_MD11.DLL".

In the original file it looked like :

10=wpt=RX5880*X8b00

That was in the "original DLL" then. Anyway, what is "the original file" -- not, presumably, the one you are Adding WPT to? I'm afraid you need to be more explicit. what is the "original file", where did it come from? why are you re-doing it if it was okay?

The macro appears in the keypress list on the left side.

Then I choose my kepress, confirm and the macro + keypress combination appears on the right.

Yes, so?

However it is not working in FSX. I am really puzzled here.

Why so puzzled? If it doesn't work when you test with TAB, then either it needs a numeric suffix because it isn't (just) the button press which operates it, or it simply is not mouse-macroable. You might need to work out exactly what you are doing with the mouse, and/or then experiment with the "mouseflag" values, as detailed in the Advanced User's manual (around page 32). I would help, but I don't have the PMDG MD11.

BTW why are you specific "not working in FSX". Surely the add-on in FS9 is not the same. You surely aren't trying to use macros made for an FS9 add-on in FSX?

Hopefully it is something that I did wrong and not because my desktop is twice as wide.

What can anything here possibly have to do with your screen? These macros have nothing to do with the screen. The system works purely through hooking into the software parts which are called when you operate by mouse. The mouse and its position are totally irrelevant thereafter.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the replies.

I really appriciate it.

Here I have the VRInsight mcp.

Last week a set of files where released to have the mcp work with the PMDG MD-11 in 3d mode.

The person who made it also has the mcp and MD-11.

However he used some commands in another way than I would like to have them.

Therefor I wanted to assign commands to other mcp hardware buttons.

Some where simple : I only had to change the Keypress combinations in the VRInsight software to have another button work with a specific macro.

Because I wanted to delete some commands I thought it would be better to start alll over.

Only I cannot get 1 switch to work in the MD-11, where in the file from VRInsight it is working fine.

When trying to add , Tab isn't working, not even for commands they had working with mouse macro's.

So if they can program a button and use a Macro for a specific command , I should be able to do the same ( I thought ) .

But there I do not succeed.

Why Fs is calling another DLL instead of the PMDG_MD11.dll I do not understand as I am running the aircraft at the moment I am trying to make a macro.

In FSUIPC I use specific aircraft and the name of the aircraft is there.

Best regards,

Gerard

Here I have the VRInsight mcp.

Last week a set of files where released to have the mcp work with the PMDG MD-11 in 3d mode.

Macro files?

Only I cannot get 1 switch to work in the MD-11, where in the file from VRInsight it is working fine.

When trying to add , Tab isn't working, not even for commands they had working with mouse macro's.

I'm not sure whether "trying to add" is relevant. Have you tried to create that macro in a separate macro file. Just name it slightly differently. Check it, and show me that file. I want to remove both the confusions arising here -- the first to do with your displays (hopefully now dispelled) and the second to do with the difference between "adding" and "creating" -- there should not be any difference, and here I cannot see that there is one.

So if they can program a button and use a Macro for a specific command , I should be able to do the same ( I thought ) .

But does their file work. with the same button on the same visible part, or not? And is the version of the MD-11 exactly the same in both cases -- or have there never been any updates, any different versions?

The mouse macro system works for specific software. If it is changed slightly, so will the macros need re-generating.

Why Fs is calling another DLL instead of the PMDG_MD11.dll I do not understand as I am running the aircraft at the moment I am trying to make a macro.

I don't know the MD11 at all, but the PMDG 747 has several DLLs, not just one!

In FSUIPC I use specific aircraft and the name of the aircraft is there.

I don't think that is relevant. You are mixing up aircraft names, types, with SOFTWARE modules needed to run them. There's not necessarily 1 file per aircraft -- often there are many.

Regards

Pete

Just found out that when I make macro's in 2d the corredct PMDG_MD11.dll shows up and even TAB is working.

Before I tried in 3d ( VC ) .

I think that I am on the right track now. :?

Are the files you got for your VRinsight MCP suitable for the 3D VC?

This is getting very confusing here, I really don't know what you are using or doing for what!

Pete

Gerard why would you be wanting to make macro's in the VC, that makes no sense whatsoever. All the functions I made for the MD11 macros for VRi were made on 2D panels, trying to make them in the VC is just plane difficult and not required. There is only one switch in the VC that is not in the 2D panels and that is the switch above and behind your head for turning off the 3D animated switches and dials etc.