The simFlight Network Forums

FsCopilot/FSUIPC Problem

Since I installed FSCopilot and FSInn, the gauges and panels of all aircraft in FSX will freeze. In other words: no switches are usable anymore and all gauges and displays will freeze after a couple of seconds. However, when I click a switch or turn a heading indicator a little bit and after that switch to Windows (Vista) and back to FSX again, I can see that the switch has moved, but I cannot move it again.

I noticed that when I disabled FSUIPC, all worked fine. When I uninstalled FSCopilot, the problem was still present but when I disabled FSUIPC again, everything worked fine again, so I decided to completely reinstall FSUIPC. Everything seemed to work fine then, but as soon as I made some changes in FSUIPC's settings, the problem was there again.

I already tried to reinstall FSCopilot in a 'fresh' FSX (yes, I did install the whole thing again - not nice!) But the conflict with FSUIPC is present again, even after I uninstalled FSCopilot.

It's getting really frustrating now because the whole simulator has become unusable and I don't want to reinstall everything over and over. I hope anyone can help me!

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Since I installed FSCopilot and FSInn, the gauges and panels of all aircraft in FSX will freeze. In other words: no switches are usable anymore and all gauges and displays will freeze after a couple of seconds.

Nothing in FSUIPC touches anything in FS's own cockpits.

However, when I click a switch or turn a heading indicator a little bit and after that switch to Windows (Vista) and back to FSX again, I can see that the switch has moved, but I cannot move it again.

I noticed that when I disabled FSUIPC, all worked fine. When I uninstalled FSCopilot, the problem was still present but when I disabled FSUIPC again, everything worked fine again, so I decided to completely reinstall FSUIPC. Everything seemed to work fine then ...

Since FSUIPC is merely a single module, the DLL in the Modules folder, reinstalling the same DLL never accomplishes anything.

... but as soon as I made some changes in FSUIPC's settings

Did you actually DELETE the INI file you had before, so that FSUIPC resorted to defaults -- i.e. doing nothing?

..., the problem was there again.

What "settings" made this differences? Does deleting the INI file make it "work" again?

I really cannot offer any help without proper information. Look in the FSX Modules folder. In there you will find an FSUIPC4.LOG file. Show it to me. Possibly you have a serious SimConnect problem -- the log file will show.

Pete

Thanks for your quick reply Pete! I also think FSUIPC doesn't touch the FSX cockpits, but I only described my problem and that's how it is. Yes, I did delete the INI file, because I wanted a complete reinstall of FSUIPC. The setting I changed was a hotkey setting.

Here is my logfile:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.28 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
User Name="Kevin Schepers"
User Addr="kevinschepers@home.nl"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
Running inside FSX on Windows Vista (SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Module base=61000000
Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
DebugStatus=15
      110 System time = 13:23:01
      156 FLT UNC path = "\\KEVIN\Users\Kevin Schepers\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      156 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
     1250 LogOptions=00000001
     1250 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
     4391 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
     4391 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     4391 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     4453 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
     4453 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
    16969 Weather Mode now = Theme
    24469 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR
    24469 c:\users\kevin schepers\documents\flight simulator x files\Previous Flight.FLT
    44719 System time = 13:23:45, FSX time = 12:35:48 (10:35Z)
    44875 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1"
    52797 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   109328 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 57 secs = 13.8 fps
   230906 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 109 secs = 16.1 fps
   330531 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 45 secs = 17.2 fps
   470453 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 100 secs = 19.5 fps
   475453 System time = 13:30:56, FSX time = 12:40:34 (10:40Z)
   475453 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Average frame rate for running time of 313 secs = 16.9 fps
Memory managed: 140 Allocs, 140 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I hope you find out what the problem is! :wink:

Thanks for your quick reply Pete! I also think FSUIPC doesn't touch the FSX cockpits, but I only described my problem and that's how it is.

Well the log shows nothing wrong. FSUIPC4 is doing little and is not being affected by any SimConnect problem. But it does worry me that you are using such an old version, one which is completely unsupported. I suggest you update to a supported version (4.50 at least) and try again. Let me know when you are using a version I can help with.

Regards

Pete

I had ongoing problems with FSInn/Copilot

sometimes it helped, to change the order of the copilot's .DLL in de DLL.XML

I would still irratically loose proper connection, keyboard input, traffic dicplay etc etc, in random order (memory leaks?)

this happened especially when installation gets more complex with FSX SP2, Vista 64, and notebook Vista 32, with WideFS, and lots of simconnect utils.

A great util when it works, and a pain with 'strange behaviour'

I uninstalled FSCopilot, when Squawkbox 4 was released

Boring interface, no nifty accessoiries, rock solid

mt

FSX / Vista

I uninstalled FSCopilot, when Squawkbox 4 was released

Boring interface, no nifty accessoiries, rock solid

I wanted to try flying on-line and have SB4 installed, but I fly inside a cockpit and want only scenery on my main FSX screen (projected). SB4 allows the PTT operation from a programmed button (on my yoke, in fact), but I can't find any way to get the Transponder Mode and Ident programmed from my hardware transponder. SB3 provided FSUIPC offsets for these essential operations, but they don't seem to have thought about this for FSX, having moved away from FSUIPC.

I've written to the authors several times over the last 9 months about this, suggesting a simple solution using messages, like the PTT operation (originally from Roger Wilco), but they seem to ignore me except for one reply last year apologising for not replying. So, as a bona fide SB4 user, do you know if it is still a "live" product? Have the developers stopped working on it? I'd really love to know whether it is ever going to be something usable in a hardware cockpit, one day.

Regards

Pete

do you know if it is still a "live" product? Have the developers stopped working on it? I'd really love to know whether it is ever going to be something usable in a hardware cockpit, one day.

What I can remember when keeping up with the SB4 release is,

programmer's ('non-profit' ahum) that know their way around this kind of internet interfacing are not rare, they'r a freak of nature.

Appearantly the engine behind SB4 was 1 guy (same with FSCopilot 'team'), who got busy, and the slack taken up by 1 other guy

Of course (same FSCopilot) the website is run by a whole tribe of webmasters and moderators (ahum)

they manage known 'workarounds' of issues

because everything stops of course, when #1 is doing a #1 :D

the main culprit is (my opinion), M$, with their 'thrifty' paranoia as a bussiness model

I'd say, just keep sending emails

1 will stick eventually (at the inside of the privy) :twisted:

mt