The simFlight Network Forums

Mission Complete Flag

Is there an offset of mission complete flag?

I have searched in the documents but didn't found something like that.

I don't know if I can access mission stuff through SimConnect. I'll have a quick look now ...

... No, nothing listed at all for SimConnect access.

Do you program missions? If so, maybe there's something you can do when it completes which will be readable from SimConnect, like switch a light on or off or some other sort of similar signal?

Regards

Pete

hello pete,

I don't know if I can switch a light or something like that through the mission editor but even if I can it is still a problem because the pilot may switch it him self during flight.. Any idea of what switch I can use for best results?

Anyway, I will check this posibbility when I will get back home although I had tried to avoid this solution.

Thanks in advance,

Omer.

I don't know if I can switch a light or something like that through the mission editor but even if I can it is still a problem because the pilot may switch it him self during flight.. Any idea of what switch I can use for best results?[/quote[

Something not used in many if any aircraft likely to be used with your mission. For example, if you cannot use a helicopter, something only helicopters have. Etc.

Or set a specific frequency in ADF2 or one of the other radios which is unlikely to be in use. Not many aircraft are equipped with two ADFs, but I think you may be able to still set and read its frequency. Worth a try?

Regards

Pete

Hi,

Just wanted to update you guys that I have found a creative solution for this problem..

What im doing is using a command in the mission editor called "Simvar Profile" which creates a file named "profile.xml" in the active mission dir and then I make my program search if that file exists and if so that means the mission was successfully finished while when I start the program it deletes that file and wait for it to be created.

Thanks evryone!

Omer.

Just wanted to update you guys that I have found a creative solution for this problem..

What im doing is using a command in the mission editor called "Simvar Profile" which creates a file named "profile.xml" in the active mission dir and then I make my program search if that file exists and if so that means the mission was successfully finished while when I start the program it deletes that file and wait for it to be created.

Cool! well done! ;-)

Pete