The simFlight Network Forums

fscuipc

i am running fs2004 with a saitek pro yoke and throttle quad and i have a registered copy of fsuipc

everthing ran great for about a year

all of a sudden when i go to use fsuipc i can do axis assignments but when i go to calibrate them my system locks up

i have reloaded flt sim three times and the yoke and throttle as well but nothing helps

dick

i am running fs2004 with a saitek pro yoke and throttle quad and i have a registered copy of fsuipc

everthing ran great for about a year

all of a sudden when i go to use fsuipc i can do axis assignments but when i go to calibrate them my system locks up

Something's been changed, then. What did you change?

When you say your "system" locks up, do you mean the wrole system -- do you have to do a system reset/power down? If so, then it has to be something wrong with the hardware, or possibly the drivers for the joysticks. At what point, exactly, does this "lock up" occur? What's the last action you take? Can you access and use all the other FSUIPC tabs in the Options?

And, for FSUIPC support, I need to know the FSUIPC version number. If it isn't at least 3.93 then please update first. There's also a 3.945 in the "Updates & Goodies" announcement above.

i have reloaded flt sim three times and the yoke and throttle as well but nothing helps

I wouldn't suppose anything like that would make any difference at all. You'd need to uninstall to get drivers re-installed.

Regards

Pete

my fsuipc version is 3.817

i am able to go to the axis assignment page and assign axis and buttons without any problems and i have the ( send to fsuipc for calabration } box checked but when i click on the calibrations tab my cumputer locks up and i have to turn it off and restart it

it doesn't matter when i click the tab { before or after i pick assignments} it freezes up and i can not do anything

i moved the fsuipc.dll file to a seperate folder when i uninstalled flt sim and when i reinstalled flt sim it was not in the drop down menues

so i moved it back to the modules folder

i was suprised to see the drop down missing i thought it was part of the flt sim menu

i am really confused

dick

my fsuipc version is 3.817

Sorry, I cannot possibly support such an old version. Please update to at least 3.93.

i moved the fsuipc.dll file to a seperate folder when i uninstalled flt sim and when i reinstalled flt sim it was not in the drop down menues

so i moved it back to the modules folder

i was suprised to see the drop down missing i thought it was part of the flt sim menu

No, the Modules menu is added by FSUIPC. If it isn't installed it cannot run, and if it cannot run it cannot add its menu. Why be confused about something as logical as that?

I cannot help you further unless you update to a supported version.

Regards

Pete

i don't mean to sound but if my menery serves me right i thought that when i purched flt sim 2004 the modules drop down menu

was already in the menu bar but not fully usable just like it was in 2002 after i purchesed it i was given a key code which i then registerd

and it gave full admission to its program.

i never knew about this program untill i seen it in the drop down menu and never downloaded anything to get it

dick

i don't mean to sound but if my menery serves me right i thought that when i purched flt sim 2004 the modules drop down menu

was already in the menu bar but not fully usable just like it was in 2002

No, your memory is fooling you. The modules menu has never, ever been a part of FS alone, it has always been added by add-in modules like FSUIPC. In fact FSUIPC was the first one to add it, then other add-ins added their own entries.

after i purchesed it i was given a key code which i then registerd and it gave full admission to its program.

Yes, that's FSUIPC. To do that you must have installed FSUIPC, or somethnig else you installed did it for you.

i never knew about this program untill i seen it in the drop down menu and never downloaded anything to get it

You installed something which installed FSUIPC, that's for sure.

Pete

hi Pete

okey i installed a newer version of fsuips it is version 3.946 , at least i think i did, when i go to the drop doun menu i9n fs it reads

ver. 3.946 but the system still locks up when i pick the calibration menu and i have to reboot my system

i think this is a awsome program and am really bummed out that it is not working

dick

okey i installed a newer version of fsuips it is version 3.946 , at least i think i did, when i go to the drop doun menu i9n fs it reads

ver. 3.946 but the system still locks up when i pick the calibration menu and i have to reboot my system

If you have to re-boot your system it really cannot be anything in FSUIPC -- that's merely a user level module and has insufficient privileges to hang the whole system. It must be something in the joystick drivers. What's actually on the screen when you get the lockup -- is it all black, or is the FSUIPC option still showing, and if so which page / tab?

And are you sure you have to re-boot the whole system? There's usually very little reason ever having to do that. Have you tried simply closing the FS9 process (Ctrl-Alt-Del to get the task manager, then select FS9.EXE in the Process list and use the delete process button).

Also see if it happens in Windowed mode. (Alt+Enter swaps FS between full screen and windowed mode). If not, then it's likely to be a video driver problem. Video driver bugs can certainly hang the whole system.

Have you tried any of the other facilities in the FSUIPC options? Button assignments, for example, or axis assignments. You aren't supplying me with enough information about what is happening for me to help much I'm afraid. Please try every Tab in the FSUIPC options and let me know what works for you and what does not.

One thing more: do you by any chance have a module called "actigate.dll" in your FS9 modules folder? If so, try taking it out. Some versions of that seem to cause problems. The other thing to watch out for is an older Kensington mouse driver -- always use the Microsoft mouse driver even for a Kensington mouse.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

okey i loaded fs and loaded the defualt flight for tacoma wash, then i loaded the baron aircraft.

i then deactivated the elevatot and alirons in the fs assignments because they are much less eratic { i am assuming that when they are activ they are

arguing with the fsuipc settings} ,

after doing this these surfaces seem rather smooth but are too sensitive so now comes the problem

i go into the fsuipc program and im able to acssess all the buttons and when i go to axis assignments i can assign the axis for the elev. and allerons and

when i scan the joystick movements of the elevator and aillerons the numbers are good but as soon as i click on the calibrate button it locks up

i am able to do a control alt delete and end the fs program

i have checked the saitek joystick and throttle quadrant in the test program and all the axeses and buttons appear to be working fine with no glitches

when the fsuipc program locks up the calibrate button is hilighted and the whole screen freezes up and i can not click on anything or move

anything or go back to a previouse screen

i hope this helps you out

dick

i go into the fsuipc program and im able to acssess all the buttons and when i go to axis assignments i can assign the axis for the elev. and allerons and

when i scan the joystick movements of the elevator and aillerons the numbers are good but as soon as i click on the calibrate button it locks up

By "calibrate button" do you mean the Tab labelled "Joystick Calibration"?

i am able to do a control alt delete and end the fs program

Okay. So it is an FS hang not a system hang.

when the fsuipc program locks up the calibrate button is hilighted

Erthere's no button to be highlighted. Can you be more specific please? I cannot picture where you are when this happens.

Did you check for Actigate.dll, for a non-Microsoft mouse driver? Did you try in Windowed mode?

Regards

Pete

it does not matter what page i am in, for instance i am in the axis assignment page or the buttons and switches page or any of the other ones

if i select the joystick calabrations page it locks up on the page that i am currently on

no there is no actigate.dll file on my computer anywhere and my mouse is a logitech mouse with a microsoft driver

it does not matter what page i am in, for instance i am in the axis assignment page or the buttons and switches page or any of the other ones

if i select the joystick calabrations page it locks up on the page that i am currently on

So nothing is actually highlighted?

no there is no actigate.dll file on my computer anywhere and my mouse is a logitech mouse with a microsoft driver

Okay. So we need to process of elimination. Can you list all of the add-ons installed and programs running, please?

Pete

Mr Dowson: With all due respect, why don't you tell some of these people to go fly a kite instead of trying such a difficult thing as installing a program in their computer? Your time, am sure, is more valuable as a developer than trying to answer some idiotic goose chases...

Pete i read the reply from agar and as far as he is concered i am not an ediot i am a retired mech engineer with a masters degree who has made many contributions to the automobile industry during my career. however computer science is not one of my strong points however i must agree that

your abilitys far exceed what you are doing to help me.

what i think i will do is completly unistall fs and all its addons and start from a clean slate, i will save the fsuipc in a seperate folder so that after

my new install i can put it in the modules folder and start from there i have read that the satiek software can be left out and your fsuipc program

should do a fine job

i tried installing a new youk from ch products to see if there was a conflict with the drivers in the satiek yoke.the ch yoke works fine

but fsuipc still has the same problem

thanks

sincerly dick

Pete i read the reply from agar and as far as he is concered i am not an ediot i am a retired mech engineer with a masters degree who has made many contributions to the automobile industry during my career.

Yes, don't worry. He's evidently not read the thread in any case -- your problem is not one of installation at all. Something is obviously wrong, but it is something which I've never heard of occurring before, and so quite mystifying. After all, if there was something wrong with the joystick drivers the problem would also affect the Buttons tab too, and the Axis Assignments tab.

Could you show me your FSUIPC.INI file, please, the one you'll find in the FS Modules folder? Just paste it into a message here -- if you enclose it using the "Code" button, just above where you enter messages, it will keep the message quite compact still.

what i think i will do is completly unistall fs and all its addons and start from a clean slate

Hmm. If you do that, check that FSUIPC works at each stage, so we can tell at which point things go awry.

i will save the fsuipc in a seperate folder so that after my new install i can put it in the modules folder and start from there

You only need save the FSUIPC.KEY and FSUIPC.INI files. You can always download FSUIPC -- the latest one, in the Announcements above, will probably be different from the one you have in any case.

i tried installing a new youk from ch products to see if there was a conflict with the drivers in the satiek yoke.the ch yoke works fine

but fsuipc still has the same problem

I'd like to understand what the problem is, so do please post your INI file and I'll look into it from that end whilst I await the results of your reinstallations.

Regards

Pete