The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek Multi Panel controlling funtions

Hello, I use the Saitek Pro Flight range, the throttles and rudders work fine but the multi panel that should work the auto pilot does not function with PMDG and other payware aircraft.

How can I get the key presses and rotary knobs to work with FSUIPC, when I plug my multi panel into the usb port FSUIPC does not acknowledge the buttons or knobs, yet they work with the lame default aircraft.

I have FS9 and FSx, I also have the Saitek FS9 and FSX plug in which shows the multi panel is functioning.

Is there a way that FSUIPC can be used to configure PMDG(737, 747 or MD-11) or other payware controls. My FSUIPC for both is fully paid version. If it works with FSUIPC then maybe there is hope.

Thank you

Steven Higa

Oxford England

Those devices use Simconnect and only work with default aircraft or third party aircraft that use the default MSFS controls. FSUIPC isn't going to be able to help you as you have already found out because FSUIPC cant even see any of the buttons and dials on the Saitek hardware. If you go to the official Saitek forums I think you will find my understanding of the subject will be confirmed by people there.

Sorry this isn't what you want to hear but FSUIPC cant do anything with them as it has no way of seeing the buttons presses and dial turns because Saitek uses a propriety system (driver) to connect via Simconnect, this is also why you cant use it in FS2004 as Simconnect doesn't exist for it. In short you can only use the Saitek hardware in FSX and in default aircraft or 3rd party aircraft that use default Simconnect functions.

• 2 months later...
Hello, I use the Saitek Pro Flight range, the throttles and rudders work fine but the multi panel that should work the auto pilot does not function with PMDG and other payware aircraft.

How can I get the key presses and rotary knobs to work with FSUIPC, when I plug my multi panel into the usb port FSUIPC does not acknowledge the buttons or knobs, yet they work with the lame default aircraft.

I have FS9 and FSx, I also have the Saitek FS9 and FSX plug in which shows the multi panel is functioning.

Is there a way that FSUIPC can be used to configure PMDG(737, 747 or MD-11) or other payware controls. My FSUIPC for both is fully paid version. If it works with FSUIPC then maybe there is hope.

If you're still interested in using the Saitek Multi Panel looks here: http://fstools.weebly.com

Bye,

Massimo