The simFlight Network Forums

Previous FSUIPC .ini file not accepted

Following an XP reinstall, leaving FS9 as was on another HD, I have most things working except FSUIPC.

Leaving everything in FS9 as per the previous setup I sucessfully re-registered FSUIPC and WideFS but get no response at all from my CH hardware. The .Dll is there, the .ini file is there.

Then I began to mess things up by downloading and installing the latest version (with its self-installer) but still it didnt pick up my .ini file.

I now have my original .Dll there still with no luck, and I am not looking forward to reprogramming all my payware aircraft.

(I have reluctantly begun this laborious task, and things work so far with the new .ini, but I would much rather to use my previous file.)

I have done things this way once before and everything worked fine.

Following an XP reinstall, leaving FS9 as was on another HD, I have most things working except FSUIPC.

Leaving everything in FS9 as per the previous setup I sucessfully re-registered FSUIPC and WideFS but get no response at all from my CH hardware. The .Dll is there, the .ini file is there.

Then I began to mess things up by downloading and installing the latest version (with its self-installer) but still it didnt pick up my .ini file.

If there is only one FSUIPC.INI file there, then that one MUST be the one it is reading. If it "didn't pick it up" it would have created one. It cannot run without there being an active INI file, and there can only be one of those called "FSUIPC.INI"!

I now have my original .Dll there still with no luck

There is no point whatsoever going back to an old unsupported version of FSUIPC. If you persist then don't please ask for any help.

What is most likely is that your joystick numbers have changed, that is all. The USB connections are mapped onto joystick numbers by windows, and a re-installation (or re-connection to different sockets) will change them. If you look in the INI file you will find a section implanted there by any recent version of FSUIPC which gives you the joystick numbers corresponding to each connected device. There are facilities in FSUIPC for automatically re-mapping those when they change, but you do have to USE those facilities to get any benefit. Since you evidently haven't done so, the answer now is to edit the joystick numbers in each [buttons], {Axes] and [JoystickCalibration] section to match the devices correctly. If you apply the named (lettered) joystick facility first you can avoid such problems in the future. These facilities are provided to deal with this type of problem exactly.

Regards

Pete