The simFlight Network Forums

Undoing a Profile setting - making it global

Using the latest version with the new Profile option, I´m afraid I got carried away and set various parameters (rudder, brakes, gear and the like) as Profile for the aircraft loaded at that time, when they should really be global settings.

How can I undo the Profile checkbox and make these settings "all aircraft"?

Regards

Nicholas

Using the latest version with the new Profile option, I´m afraid I got carried away and set various parameters (rudder, brakes, gear and the like) as Profile for the aircraft loaded at that time, when they should really be global settings.

How can I undo the Profile checkbox and make these settings "all aircraft"?

It isn't as simple as that because those settings will be in the parameter file sections for that profile, not in the general / global sections, and cannot simply be re-classified because of possible clashes. You would need to edit the FSUIPC INI file -- load it into any ordinary text editor, like NotePad (not WordPad). You'll find it in the FS Modules folder.

There are sections for [Axes], [buttons], [Keys] and [JoystickCalibration]. These names, without additions, are the global sections. The sections applicable to a Profile have the Profile name appended, for example:

[Axes.MyJets], [buttons.MyJets], [Keys.MyJets] and [JoystickCalibration.MyJets], for a profile called "MyJets".

If you simply want to make this "MyJets" set of assignments global, replacing any pre-existing global settings, then simply delete the entire global sections and then edit the titles in the Profile ones to remove the ".MyJets" part of the name.

If you want to merge in the profile settings with the global settings, it isn't so easy -- there may be clashes (dual assignments), and you'd need to deal with those, deleting whichever is not required first. Then add the contents of the profiles part to the global part, renumbering the lines to be in sequence again. The line numbers (before the "=" sign) have no significant other than imposing order.

If you want to remove specific aircraft from a Profile assignment, look for the [Profile.MyJets] section (or whatever yours is named). There's a list of aircraft names in that section. Delete those you don't want profiled in that way, renumbering any remaining lines in sequence.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Pete