The simFlight Network Forums

Question on FSX flightplan loading...

Pete, I'd like to ask a simple question, knowing full well that I could eventually find the answer by studying the SDK carefully enough. Time being at a premium for me however, doesn't allow me that luxury.

What I'd like to do is write a freeware module that would allow any XML scripted GPS or FMS to access and display stored FSX flightplans, then load them into the sim at the same time they are loaded into the gauge's own fp database.

I see that FSX FSUIPC's toolbar has that ability, so my base question is really this: is this facility available programmatically from such a custom interface module? If so, then I'll gladly invest the time studying your FSUIPC SDK. If not, then I'll seek another solution. :mrgreen:

I see that FSX FSUIPC's toolbar has that ability, so my base question is really this: is this facility available programmatically from such a custom interface module?

Actually it would be almost as quick for you to search for the word "plan" in the FSUIPC4 Offsets Status document as it is for me. I don't know all these things from memory, I have to look them up the same as everyone else.

Yes, you can load a Plan via FSUIPC4. Offset 0130 is relevant, and the plan can be anywhere accessible via a UNC pathname. FSUIPC4 is merely using the facility offered by SimConnect, so you could use it directly instead. It's your choice.

Regards

Pete