The simFlight Network Forums

Making freeware application for FS9/FSX

Hello Pete !

I have one question regarding application for FS9/FSX.

If I develop an application for FS9 using FSUIPC, will it then typical work for FSX user regarding the FSUIPC program-interface?

Can this freeware be used without require licensed FSUIPC by user, what is the procedure (what should I do) ?

The freeware is small and simple. Some aircraft such as MADDOG MD82 does not stay at fixed position even on Idle and breaks on, and I made a fix so it not move forward under some conditions. The movement is annoying for many users.

p.s.

( Some year ago I did work with a commercial via FSUIPC and did get a lot support from you. I'm sorry I abrupt quit the develop without notice, due to personal reasons. )

Best regards Lennart Vedin

I have one question regarding application for FS9/FSX.

If I develop an application for FS9 using FSUIPC, will it then typical work for FSX user regarding the FSUIPC program-interface?

Yes, that is the idea. There are some differences I could not avoid, and of course extra things in FSX (as there are extra in FS9 over FS8 etc). Best to check the "FSUIPC4 Offsets Status" document in the SDK as well as the main Programming one to see whether any of the offsets you use are annotated with differences (normally in red).

Can this freeware be used without require licensed FSUIPC by user, what is the procedure (what should I do) ?

Yes. No procedure needed, just go ahead.

Regards

Pete

Yes. No procedure needed, just go ahead.

The freeware is ready, but I suppose it will only work with the FSUIPC as registred payware now.

The freeware will be "FSFixedPos" (EXE or maybe become DLL).

I suppose I do need some kind of freeware-registration with a key approved by you, to make the freeware work also with FSUIPC freeware, right ?

The freeware is ready, but I suppose it will only work with the FSUIPC as registred payware now.

I suppose I do need some kind of freeware-registration with a key approved by you, to make the freeware work also with FSUIPC freeware, right ?

Pete's away at for a week. The FSUIPC interface is free for freeware use. Your freeware app will work on an unregistered FSUIPC.

As a software developer you only need a licence if your application is Payware. Users only need to register if they want to use the extra facilities that FSUIPC provides, like control calibration.

I think older versions of FSUIPC used to use 'application keys' but that feature was removed.

Paul

No. As Paul said, that system doesn't apply these days. I just like the courtesy of folks asking, which you have, so please do carry on.

Regards

Pete

Hi PETE. can you help a very old man who has only just read an article about FSUIPC by Peter Wright. I went online to simFlight to find out how to aquire FSUIPC, I wanted the paid version as I felt that in this world nobody gets ought for nought, and people that design systems to help others ought to rewarded. I went onto simFlight to purchase this and tried to aquire this. I must admit that I tried to buy FSUIPC4 and then I was informed about the various options regards payment . As I do not posesse any of the cards listed I opted for the cash way of buying this tool . I sent the amount of £25.90 as required by registered airmail to a Miguel Blaufuks in Portugal on the 31/03/2010. Have I got something wrong in my application. Please can someone please help. I would dearly like to obtain this. farward384

As I do not posesse any of the cards listed I opted for the cash way of buying this tool . I sent the amount of £25.90 as required by registered airmail to a Miguel Blaufuks in Portugal on the 31/03/2010. Have I got something wrong in my application. Please can someone please help. I would dearly like to obtain this. farward384

Sorry, I really don't have anything to do with the sales end. SimMarket do all of that. Have you been to your account there to see if the Registration Key has already been posted? I don't think they send anything back by post. Did you supply an email address? Normally, for all purchases on SimMarket you go back later to retrieve your Key. Nothing else happens as far as I know. I've bought quite a lot of stuff over the years and it's always been like that to my knowledge.

If there's nothing, maybe it simply takes a lot longer my snail mail, depending where you posted it. I don't know how you can check except to raise a Problem Ticket on the SimMarket website. Have you done that? I really can't even check anything for you as you hid behind a pseudonym here instead of using your real one.

BTW do you realise you are adding to a thread which is on a completely different subject? You really should have started your own!

Regards

Pete

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone / Peter

Peter, I have just joined this forum, and have recently started to use your application FSUIPC, through some other freeware SIM add-ons using your application. I have also seen your notice of you being away until July, so I can wait until then unless there is someone else able to reply to me. I am not yet a registered user of your application, but I am a little confused, as these mentioned freeware add-ons supply a key to be input to your FSUIPC, to register one of their files into it. For example I downloaded a Boeing 737 Fuel Planner and the readme had a key to register a .dll file into your product. But I could not, for the life of me, find a way to do this in version 3.98 (for FS2004) and version 4. I had a similiar experience with a Russian fellow and his aircraft, also in the readme, a key to register a file, for correct function of his aircraft.

I have scoured the web, and there are explanation and pictures showing how to do this. But I have presumed, and hopefully presumed correctly, that this was a function of an older version of FSUIPC, and it is now no longer the way to do this, or your product has to be registered first, to allow these files to be registered.

I look forward to a reply, and some help with this.

Regards

Andrew Brown aka Screwbottle

South Africa

But I have presumed, and hopefully presumed correctly, that this was a function of an older version of FSUIPC, and it is now no longer the way to do this, or your product has to be registered first, to allow these files to be registered.

Hi Andrew,

Yes, these sound like application access keys which used to be used in older version of FSUIPC but they don't apply anymore. These add-ons should just work, you don't need a registered copy of FSUIPC.

Paul