The simFlight Network Forums

crazy problem

Hey guys,

I am currently running a windows XP 32 bit and i had to clean everything that was on my computer but when it came time to install FSX and my Add-ons i couldn't see the Lower CDU on my 757 and when I tried to reinstall program i thought of the company's web site saying that if these things dont work it said then FSUIPC had a problem. I then downloaded the Current version of FSUIPC and got a error below saying :

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.60a

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

and there was another window pop up along with it and said:

Your FSX installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed will not run FSUIPC4. You may need to repair the installation to recitify this first.

No changes have been made by this program.

I have tried to remove everything that i had related to the FSUIPC and uninstalled and installed FSX multiple times and tried to seek a little bit of help relating to this.

Justin

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

... Probe Manifest fails to match a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

You have a corrupted FSX installation.

I have tried to remove everything that i had related to the FSUIPC

There's only the FSUIPC4.DLL. Nothing else is relevant. Removing that uninstalls it, but from what you say it wasn't installed in any case. So what do you mean, and why?

and uninstalled and installed FSX multiple time

Ouch! It is usually that sort of action which seems to cause this sort of problem. The FSX uninstaller doesn't do a correct job most of the time and screws up the SimConnect side-by-side library. You may need to reinstall Windows and start again. Take care to install FSX step by step -- first the DVD base version, test it, then SP1, test it, then SP2 (or Acceleration). Always run it between each update.

Pete

Unfortunately not no, it's probably a good time to invest in a backup solution (external HDD and backup software) so that if you are ever in this situation again the reinstall process will be much quicker, if you are anything like me it will reduce restore times to a couple of hours instead of a couple of weeks.

Did you really reinstall the OS or did you just do a repair install?

Back up the important files you want to keep and then format the drives, do not attempt to fix things with a repair install, it wont work properly, Microsoft has never been very good at repair systems. Even now in Windows 7 I don't trust system restore, so I have it disabled and use a third party solution.