The simFlight Network Forums

Position Changes to log?

Hello Pete!

I have troubles with ASE-Program:

ASE did make in the depiction of clouds: set clouds on, clouds off...

User did say that is "cloud-popping" in and out.

Also did my ASE download the new weather from Hifi all 3 to 5 minutes,

but the setting is to download all 30 minutes...

"Jim" from Hifi means this: "...each download is preceeded by a FS change in location or a re-fresh detected..."

can i use FSUIPC to log if any tool sets the position refresh during flight?

my FSUIPC is the Version 3.9.8.4

"EDIT: Yes, my copy is registered..."

and FS 9.1

thanks for help,

Alti

can i use FSUIPC to log if any tool sets the position refresh during flight?

If any program changed the position at all, you would surely see it on screen! You would suddenly be in a different place! I don't know of any tool you could be using during normal flight which would do such a thing.

Having the weather refreshing every 3-4 minutes is daft. The new download could try to supplant the previous one even before it is fully established! Use 15 or 30 minutes at shortest.

The cloud popping phenomenon is mostly to do with graphics settings. There's a lot of things you can do about that -- see the AVSIM FSX Forums for lots of hints on FSX graphics improvements.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Just a bit more information here.

If FS undergoes either a position change or if the time gets changed by more than one minute, FS does re-load the scenery. This re-load does trigger ASE to download and re-fresh the weather data.

We are trying to determine what is causing his scenery refresh in FS.

[quote name="JSkorna"

If FS undergoes either a position change or if the time gets changed by more than one minute' date=' FS does re-load the scenery.[/quote]

Well, the textures at least. He should check whether he's enabled FSUIPC's clock sync option. I use that without any problems but only to keep the seconds synced, which it does "on the minute" (as you can only set zero seconds, no other values). So it never corrects for more than a minute in any case. Provided you have it sync'd to the minute at the start (as I do with FSRealTime), looking after only the seconds keeps it in sync forever -- provided of course you don't visit menus or use pause or time dilation! ;-)

We are trying to determine what is causing his scenery refresh in FS.

Okay. FSUIPC's clock sync with minutes sync'd too could do it, as can FSRealTime set to sync automagically. Don't know of anything else.

Regards

Pete

Hi,

I have found a new suspect:

It could be the Scenery "World Time Zones"

which sparks between them since. I disabled this scenery now

and made a test flight. No sudden or extensive clouds were coming to see ....

To ensure this, I will make even more flights on routes that were most affected by the problem.

Especially the Mediterranean Area - Africa - Europe.

Alti