The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC and Weather default in FS2004

Pete,

When FS2004 was first installed, the default flight in Seattle was using the "Fair Weather" of FS Weather Themes. After I installed FSUIPC (registered copy), FS always opens up using "User Defined Weather" thus entirely clear skies until I do something about it. Despite my attempts to try to make it "remember" my last setting in Weather Themes, FS invariably goes back to "User Defined" on the next start up. Is this normal? Or am I mistaken somewhere?

Thanks for your answer and sincere congratulations for such fantastic work.

Jean-Guy Paradis

When FS2004 was first installed, the default flight in Seattle was using the "Fair Weather" of FS Weather Themes. After I installed FSUIPC (registered copy), FS always opens up using "User Defined Weather" thus entirely clear skies until I do something about it. Despite my attempts to try to make it "remember" my last setting in Weather Themes, FS invariably goes back to "User Defined" on the next start up. Is this normal?

Hmmm. I'd not noticed that. You are right. You can of course select a theme, get the weather for it, then save a new default flight. Then that weather will load up next time, but even so, the "theme" is back then to "user defined".

This is happening because FSUIPC is adjusting some weather details for you, though only the "global" settings (those used for weather stations which don't have their own weather). Any change, even a small one, made by FSUIPC or manually by you is effectively setting "user defined weather".

If you don't want this to happen, just select "normal defaults" or "minimum weather defaults" in FSUIPC, or turn off all the weather filters.

I may make a new option to allow the weather filters to be applied only to external weather sources, avoiding touching the FS built-in weather at all.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Peter,

same here. I manually un-checked all weather filters and the results were mixed. For a while, "heavy snows" weather theme stuck, but then the weather cleared. When I tried to switch to another, it changed to clear weather immediately, switching to "User defined weather". Then I tried all weather themes with same results. The change was instantaneous. Disabling (removing) FSUIPC cured the problem (of course :) )

>>I may make a new option to allow the weather filters to be applied only

>>to external weather sources, avoiding touching the FS built-in weather

>>at all.

That sounds like a great idea!

Thanks for your hard work, Peter, it is appreciated! :)

Regards,

Jure

same here. I manually un-checked all weather filters

Don't do that. Press the "minimum weather defaults" button on the first Options page.

For a while, "heavy snows" weather theme stuck, but then the weather cleared. When I tried to switch to another, it changed to clear weather immediately, switching to "User defined weather". Then I tried all weather themes with same results. The change was instantaneous. Disabling (removing) FSUIPC cured the problem (of course :) )

If there are truly no weather options selected (press that button to be sure), FSUIPC doesn't touch the weather, it makes no changes to it at all.

Pete