The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC installation problems

Whenever i have tried to install FSUIPC on my computer, it never seems to work. A window always shows up saying...

"Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publisher" in Internet Explorer (Internet Options-Content-Publishers)."

followed by a registration window. Even though i've checked through the install format and everything seems like it would work, FSUIPC doesn't. I've already talked to a guy from the VRS Support Forums and he couldn''t figure out why it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Whenever i have tried to install FSUIPC on my computer, it never seems to work. A window always shows up saying...

"Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publisher" in Internet Explorer (Internet Options-Content-Publishers)."

followed by a registration window. Even though i've checked through the install format and everything seems like it would work, FSUIPC doesn't. I've already talked to a guy from the VRS Support Forums and he couldn''t figure out why it doesn't work. Any ideas?

My main idea is to follow the instructions given in the Error report. Have you not bothered? It seems explicit enough. Perhaps you missed it? Look, it says:

check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publisher" in Internet Explorer (Internet Options-Content-Publishers).

The "I" here used to be myself, "Peter L Dowson", but since my Certificate expired the publisher is simFlight. So please do what it says: load Internet Explorer, go to Internet Options - Content - Publishers and if simFlight is listed as "untrusted" remove it from that list. If it is there it is because you have, at one time or another, told Windows to refuse permission for a simFlight signed program.

If this is not the problem then I would certainly need to see the FSUIPC4 Install log, which you'll find in the FSX Modules folder. This is why such a log is produced, to provide information in the case of a problem.

Regards

Pete

I checked the "untrusted publisher" list and your name didn't show up. Not quite sure if this file is exactly what you want, but here you go.

File name: FSUIPC4 Install

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.57

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original), but this is not correctly installed!

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.600 found.

Installed version is later: it is not overwritten.

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Derek\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Derek\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Derek\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

FSUIPC4.DLL signature failed: trying GlobalSign Root fix ...

Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. (Error ref 80092026)

Deleted GlobalSign Root fix programno longer relevant

All installer tasks completed okay!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Is simflight listed as one of the untrusted certificates?

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.600 found.

Installed version is later: it is not overwritten.

Why are you trying to install version 4.57 over version 4.6?

Please download the latest installer and reinstall again, details can be found here along with all the other updates Pete makes http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=74352

You appear to have a more serious underlying problem though, if it still doesn't work after the reinstall of the latest version of FSUIPC it would seem your simconnect side by side system is not installed correctly. The only way to fix it 100% of the time is to completely reinstall your OS and programs, and that includes wiping the OS drive completely clean to be absolutely certain, do not attempt to use with Windows repair option it is fundamentally flawed and wont fix the problem most of the time, if anything it will create more problems. The same is true of the FSX repair option too, that is pretty much guaranteed to irreparably ruin the install and is really not recommended.

I downloaded FSUIPC v4.6 off of the website given. I attempted to download the newer version, and the installer log looked like this...

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.60a

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61637.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

... Version 4.600 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Derek\Application Data"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Derek\Application Data"

Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Derek\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"

Now checking DLL.XML ...

... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.

... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.

... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...

... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"

No FSX.CFG there

"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.

Now installing additional files into the "Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder:

Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay

Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay

Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay

Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay

Installed "Lua Plugins for VRInsight Devices.pdf" okay

Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay

After this a new window opened saying "Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publiher" in INternet Explorer (Internet Options-Content-Publishers)." I have checked and deleted everyone of the untrusted publishers tab, and this message still shows up. I've talked to some other people and they have never seen or heard of this problem.

After this a new window opened saying "Problem! My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL. Please check that I am not listed as an "untrusted publiher" in INternet Explorer (Internet Options-Content-Publishers)." I have checked and deleted everyone of the untrusted publishers tab, and this message still shows up. I've talked to some other people and they have never seen or heard of this problem.

You certainly have a corrupted SimConnect installation, though since the SP1 and SP2 versions seem okay it may not affect FSUIPC. However, it could adversely affect other programs which may need the original SimConnect version.

As far as the signature problem is concerned, have you disabled any Windows services at all? Windows signature checking does need services such as ythe crytographic ones, which may look superfluous to you otherwise. The error in the earlier log (Error ref 80092026) when Googled turns out to be:

The cryptographic operation failed due to a local security option setting

Try right-clicking on the FSUIPC4.DLL in FSX's Modules folder. Select Properties - Digital Signatures, select the signature and look at the details. They'll probably say "the cryptograhic operation failed because of a security setting". If so you can probably fix it with a small registry change. See this:

http://stealthpuppy.com/windows/windowsion-failed

Regards

Pete

Registry trick?

You evidently missed part of my post? Here is what I said a few days (?) ago:

The error in the earlier log (Error ref 80092026) when Googled turns out to be:

The cryptographic operation failed due to a local security option setting

Try right-clicking on the FSUIPC4.DLL in FSX's Modules folder. Select Properties - Digital Signatures, select the signature and look at the details. They'll probably say "the cryptograhic operation failed because of a security setting". If so you can probably fix it with a small registry change. See this:

http://stealthpuppy.com/windows/windowsion-failed

Now even though you seem to find the signature okay now according to windows file properties, there's no escaping the fact that the error 80092026 has been caused by a Registry security setting for others. Maybe it only affects applications trying to check the signatures rather than Windows or Explorer itself. Surely it is still worth following up? There's no other relevant information I've seen about this particular error. Google it yourself if you like.

Pete

• 1 month later...
Pete i have the same problem.... i have 4 hours with the certificate problem exactly as this gentleman and nothing... i tried what you placed and nothiong polease help!!

I don't know how you have managed to get the error in the first place. But the only solutions i know are:

1. Removing SimFlight from the untrusted publishers list in Internet Explorer

2. Applying one or both of the Registry changes listed.

3. NOT disabling cryptographic services in an attempt to make FS run smoother

or

4. Reinstalling windows.

Regards

Pete

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'd just like to add a little note (and desperate final attempt) onto this post.

I have been told that one possible cause of the FSUIPC.dll problem that is listed above is installing the PMDG 747 - that has caused this problem for me. I have not attempted to re-install this amazing piece of software yet, but I will do so in the next few days and let you know if it works. In the mean time, is there nothing else that could possibly work? I have done steps 1 to 3 listed above here, however I cannot and will not re-install my windows, for the main reason that I have all of my work of this computer and I cannot possibly do a re-install, its just not feesable.

I have been flown for a number of virtual airlines, however due to this problem I have had to leave most of them, and I am on leave from another one, with 79 days remaining - in order to keep with that airline, my favourite one, I must get this problem solved before this time runs out. I have also been unable to fly online, on the IVAO or Vatsim Networks, and as a future airline pilot, flying online is very helpful to my training.

I have Re-installed Flight Simulator from scratch, and still the problem happens. Is there absolutely no alternative to fixing this problem as opposed to re-installing windows?

I had the "My signature check fails on the installed FSUIPC4.DLL" message so I tried to re-install FSUIPC 4.60a. No joy.

I then checked the Internet explorer/content/untrusted publishers file. No Joy - the two files in there could not be deleted and were both "Verisign Commercial Software CA."

I then proceded to check the registry file that you mentioned, and hoped to delete it, however there was no file with the same name that you mentioned - the only one was "default."

Is there anything else to try? Will this problem be fixed in FSUIPC 4.7 which I saw will be released in the coming few weeks?

Thank you in Anticipation.

James :)