The simFlight Network Forums

Couple of problems.

Registered FSUIPC last month ( best thing I ever did) But since registering FSX has developed an annoying habit of reloading the the textures at different intervals. At first I thought it was autosave but I have disabled it. I cant find any menu anywhere else that may be causing it. Also it seems I have to "wake up" FSUIPC for the lack of a better phrase. All my key assignments work great but I have to open the FSUIPC menu within FSX select button and key assignments and hit a button to get my assignments to be recognized. After I do this initially all works flawlessly..

Scott

Also it seems I have to "wake up" FSUIPC for the lack of a better phrase. All my key assignments work great but I have to open the FSUIPC menu within FSX select button and key assignments and hit a button to get my assignments to be recognized.

Certainly sounds like you are using an old version. You should be on 4.60a at least, and 4.617 is available in the Updates announcement in this Forum.

Regards

Pete

I unchecked the clock synch and im currently on 4.60. Will try 4.617

Not sure why clock sync was checked -- it isn't by default. Is this related to your report that "since registering FSX has developed an annoying habit of reloading the the textures at different intervals"? If so then it sounds like something else is doing it, maybe through FSUIPC. Have you checked the FSUIPC4.LOG file (in the FSX Modules folder)?

Maybe you have some registration problem? An illegal registration or an incorrect system date (making the registration look illegal) could cause FSUIPC application programs to fail in ways which could case problems. Otherwise, merely registering FSUIPC without actually using any of the facilities thus enabled, would do nothing at all different from having it unregistered.

I'm afraid I am on holiday from tomorrow morning until Monday 5th July, so it may be too late now for me to check your log for you until then.

Regards

Pete