The simFlight Network Forums

Can't run Radar Contact on widefs: widefs7 error on send ?

Hi,

I'm trying to run radar contact from another pc but it's not working.

When I run radar contact I get this error:

"Maybe running on wideclient, but fs not running on server or wrong fsuipc."

P.S. I'm also trying to run flightsim commander (not registered) from this laptop and I get an error as well " unable to connect to flight simulator msg#14" :(

can anyone help ?

thanks

Vic Nucera

Edit: I'm now including some text from the wideserver log too. The times on top are different because I copied/pasted those now but whenever i run RC or FSC that is what turns up in the logs.

------wideserver-

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.60a] *********

Blocksize guide = 4096 (double allowed)

Date (dmy): 28/09/10, Time 07:13:52.945: Server name is VICKY-PC

15850 Initialising TCP/IP server

15850 Initialising IPX/SPX server

15850 IPX/SPX socket() failed [Error=10044] Socket type not supported

15850 Failed to start IPX/SPX Server

15850 Initialising UDP/IP server

16100 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------extract from the wideclient.log when I try running radar contact------

ate (dmy): 28/09/10, Time 04:42:18.249: Client name is VIC-PC

172 Attempting to connect now

172 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.0.3, port 50300 ...

187 Connection made okay!

437 Error on send() of 208 bytes [Error=0]

1076 send() failed [0 bytes] after 40 retries, request depth is 3

2122 Attempting to connect now

2122 Connection made okay!

2324 Error on send() of 208 bytes [Error=0]

2964 send() failed [0 bytes] after 40 retries, request depth is 3

3994 Attempting to connect now

3994 Connection made okay!

4212 Error on send() of 208 bytes [Error=0]

4852 send() failed [0 bytes] after 40 retries, request depth is 3

---------------------------------------

You need WideClient connecting to the Server for it to work. It looks like the server is blocking the client. You need to disable your firewalls or allow FS and WideClient through.

Is your Network actually working correctly for everything else? Can you access each from the other in Explorer?

Regards

Pete

You need WideClient connecting to the Server for it to work. It looks like the server is blocking the client. You need to disable your firewalls or allow FS and WideClient through.

Is your Network actually working correctly for everything else? Can you access each from the other in Explorer?

Regards

Pete

Yes everything was working fine. I had active sky running networked and functioning properly. I disabled my firewalls on the fsx machinea long time ago.And yes ,if i try to access my fsx machine form my laptop i can do that no problem.Not the other way round tho.NOt sure why.

Vic

Yes everything was working fine. I had active sky running networked and functioning properly.

When was everything working okay? What changed?

Does Active Sky still function okay? ASX, ASA and ASE all use SimConnect over the Network, not WideFS, so if that is having problems it points to the same Networking problem as WideFS is having.

I disabled my firewalls on the fsx machinea long time ago.

What about the Client? It's a two-way connection.

And yes ,if i try to access my fsx machine form my laptop i can do that no problem.Not the other way round tho.NOt sure why.

Maybe solving that would solve both?

Regards

Pete

Yes everything was working fine. I had active sky running networked and functioning properly.

When was everything working okay? What changed?

Does Active Sky still function okay? ASX, ASA and ASE all use SimConnect over the Network, not WideFS, so if that is having problems it points to the same Networking problem as WideFS is having.

I disabled my firewalls on the fsx machinea long time ago.

What about the Client? It's a two-way connection.

And yes ,if i try to access my fsx machine form my laptop i can do that no problem.Not the other way round tho.NOt sure why.

Maybe solving that would solve both?

Regards

Pete

Pete,

ASE works properly. All my firewalls were disabled nothing there blocking communications.I really don't know what to do now.

Thanks

Vic

ASE works properly. All my firewalls were disabled nothing there blocking communications.I really don't know what to do now.

I think you need to solve that problem: "if i try to access my fsx machine form my laptop i can do that no problem.Not the other way round tho". I'm afraid WideFS does need a working network, and I am no Network expert. For me it is always a matter of trial and error. Maybe it is that way for you, too. But something is surely blocking things.

Maybe the same TCP port (WideFS uses 8002 by default) is being used by something else? You could try changing it -- you'd need to change it for both Server and Client of course.

Regards

Pete