The simFlight Network Forums

Logitech G940 and FSUIPC4 menus

Pete

Recently whilst you were away I had purchased a Logitech G940 system Initially I use the Logitech software and FSX to set up the controls in FSX. However, I experienced a lot of issues in terms of controller settings and sensitivities, so I decided not to use the Logitech software (disabled it) but instead use a mixture of FSX and FSUIPC 4 (4626) to assign and calibrate the various axes, keys and buttons. No problems in any of this in FSX. I then started FSX and then opened FSUIPC4 and went to "Axis Assignment" just to make sure that I hadn't any duplicate assignments. However, when I moved any of the G940 axes (eg ailerons, elevator, rudder, throttle) it changed the FSUIPC4 menus ie it moved randomly away from "Axis assignment" to another menu: eg it moved to "Winds" or "Visibility" in fact any of the menu choices but it would not stay on the Assignment page and show any details. No matter how many times that I re-chose axis assignment and "rescan", any axis movement changed the FSUIPC4 menu. (Rebuilding the FSX.cfg, standard.xml or FSUIPC.ini made no difference). In FSUIPC 4 calibration the axes assigned in FSX were recognised and I could set all the 'normal' calibration values and movement of the axis did not change the menu.

As you were away and I had a lot of other issues with the G940, I removed it from my system and reverted back to my Saitek X-52 joystick which performs flawlessly and doesn't change the menus in "Axis Assignment" in FSUIPC4. Unfortunately, I did not keep any log files, etc.

Really my question is - Have you seen behaviour like this before? Is there a simple explanation as to why it might have happened?

Thanks

PeterH

... when I moved any of the G940 axes (eg ailerons, elevator, rudder, throttle) it changed the FSUIPC4 menus ie it moved randomly away from "Axis assignment" to another menu: eg it moved to "Winds" or "Visibility" in fact any of the menu choices but it would not stay on the Assignment page and show any details. No matter how many times that I re-chose axis assignment and "rescan", any axis movement changed the FSUIPC4 menu. (Rebuilding the FSX.cfg, standard.xml or FSUIPC.ini made no difference). In FSUIPC 4 calibration the axes assigned in FSX were recognised and I could set all the 'normal' calibration values and movement of the axis did not change the menu.

As you were away and I had a lot of other issues with the G940, I removed it from my system and reverted back to my Saitek X-52 joystick which performs flawlessly and doesn't change the menus in "Axis Assignment" in FSUIPC4. Unfortunately, I did not keep any log files, etc.

Really my question is - Have you seen behaviour like this before? Is there a simple explanation as to why it might have happened?

No. If it occurred on all of the menu tabs I would have said the only possible cause would be some keypress being sent to the Windows dialogue routines. FSUIPC itself doesn't control which tabbed section is showing -- that's all part of the Windows software presenting the dialogue. However, you'd think the same would apply in any of the tabs.

The only keypresses I've found which change tabbed sections are the "Left" and "Right" cursor keys, but they only do so when the tab title is shown selected (i.e. with the rectangle around the name).

If you can try enabling FSUIPC's keypress logging and see if you are receiving spurious keypresses all the time.

Regards

Pete

Pete & Andy

Thanks - I did remove the Logitech software - should have said that and rebuilt all the appropriate ini and xml files. I had to remove the G940 as I couldn't fly the VRS bug with any degree of accuracy.

PeteD - I will reinstall the G940 in the next day or so and send the logging files.

Thanks for all of your help.

Regards

PeterH