The simFlight Network Forums

Help changing USB ports for CH Yoke and Pro Pedals

Pete,

I was glad to pay for FSUIPC. The Feather control was worth it for me and much of it is lost on me but that alone was needed.

That said, I just upgraded my system. I used to only have 2 USB ports with my monitor having a hub. I used to manually plug in the pedals and yoke every time to the hub on the desk. The new system has 16 USB ports so I've decided to permanently hook up the pedals and yoke by running the cables behind my desk and just keeping the yoke on top of my PC.

So, I read that there's concern for always using the same ports and I've stuck to that. Is there a process for allowing me to move the ports and paste in the settings which I worked at to get just right?

So, I read that there's concern for always using the same ports and I've stuck to that. Is there a process for allowing me to move the ports and paste in the settings which I worked at to get just right?

The assignment of ports for USB devices has always been a mystery to me I'm afraid. FSUIPC only comes in when all that assignment stuff has already been done in Windows and FS.

If it's the FSUIPC calibrations you are concerned with, then don't be, as it deals with FS controls not specific analogue inputs. Just use your FS2002 FSUIPC.INI file.

I don't know if you can easily transfer FS settings from FS2002.CFG to FS9.CFG. You might be better off making the assignments again in FS2004.

Regards,

Pete