The simFlight Network Forums

ATC.dll CTD when changing frequency

Hi!

First, I know that there is another thread about a similar problem, but that has to do with Radar Contact, which isn't the case here.

I'm using hardware radio units for COM1 and COM2.

Sometimes, when changing to an ATIS-frequency on COM2 (i always use com2 for ATIS so no idea if it's the same problem if I would use com1), FS9 does a CTD with an error in ATC.dll.

Could this has something to do with that I've shut of the rolling text messages generated by FS ATC? The strange thing is that it's happening when connected to a multiplayer session as well (flying online on VATSIM).

Any ideas on how to prevent this? It's no fun not being able to switch to and listen to ATIS without the fear of doing e CTD.

Thanks!

First, I know that there is another thread about a similar problem, but that has to do with Radar Contact, which isn't the case here.

I'm using hardware radio units for COM1 and COM2.

Sometimes, when changing to an ATIS-frequency on COM2 (i always use com2 for ATIS so no idea if it's the same problem if I would use com1), FS9 does a CTD with an error in ATC.dll.

Yes, that's a known bug in FS9.

Could this has something to do with that I've shut of the rolling text messages generated by FS ATC?

I don't remember exactly, it was so long ago, but I think the bug is avoided by letting FS default in all of the ATC setting, so, yes to that. The only other way is to avoid having a remote but in-range ATIS frequency clashing with any local COM frequency.

Regards

Pete