The simFlight Network Forums

maximise taxispeed

is there a possibility to maximise a taxispeed within fsx? for a certain aircraft or via the registrated version of fsuip?

You control your taxispeed with throttle and brakes. At the limit your maximum taxi speed is your takeoff speed, in whatever configuration you are in. How reckless are you wanting to be?

I certainly don't understand where FSUIPC or anything other than your own controls comes into it. Can you explain yourself?

Pete

english is not my first language but I will explain my problem.

I have a flight control throttle system for my 737.

When I want to change over to my caravan C208B the throttle change the gas handle to the smaller first one.

This meant the throttle is hard to controll the speed of the taxispeed.

It goes fast are to slow.

So my question is how to so;ve the problem may be via

cfg file are somewhere in the ai caravan dll or may be via fsuip

if you have any ideas please let me know.

kind regards

doeke

I have a flight control throttle system for my 737.

When I want to change over to my caravan C208B the throttle change the gas handle to the smaller first one.

This meant the throttle is hard to controll the speed of the taxispeed.

It goes fast are to slow.

You need to calibrate the throttle so you have more control. Otherwise you will need to use the toe brakes to keep your speed down -- general not a good idea because they can overheat. After calibrating correctly, following the steps given in the FSUIPC user guide, try also one of the "slopes". One with a flatter initial area for the throttle will give more control at low speeds.

So my question is how to so;ve the problem may be via

cfg file are somewhere in the ai caravan dll or may be via fsuip

If the throttle lever is not giving you enough control at low speeds you really do need a different one if you cannot calibrate it to give you adequate control.

I'm not understanding what it is you think you can do in a DLL? And what has 'ai' got to do with this?

If you want to reduce the power of the caravan's engines you can probably do it in its Aircraft.CFG file. But maybe it cannot fly properly then? If it is a properly made aircraft for FSX it should contain the right values, or at least a good approximation.

Regards

Pete

You'll often find that turboprops (I'm not sure about the Caravan specifically) will taxi with the engines in a "ground" position on the condition lever, which limits the power produced and thus the forward pull of the prop.

By pulling the condition lever back to a more suitable position, you will have much finer control over taxi speed, as moving the throttle out of the "idle" position will no longer just cause the aircraft to speed off along the taxiway.

Ian P.

due to the reason i am not familiar with fsuip, could you give me some handy tools how to calibrate or to modify via fsuip?

Calibration is described step by step in the FSUIPC User Guide. It isn't worth re-printing it all here. It is easier for you to read it yourself, surely?

On your later message:

try also one of the "slopes". One with a flatter initial area for the throttle will give more control at low speeds

i mean what is this and what do i have to do?

are could you give some tools to handle this

To find out what things are, please refer to the documentation. That is what it is for. there are even pictures there! And the tools are built into FSUIPC.

The only way to become familiar with something is to start using it. The User Guide is there to help, so please use it.

Pete