The simFlight Network Forums

How to read PayloadStations beyond Station 61

Hi Pete,

I have a problem reading the payload station data using FSUIPC. Flight1's ATR uses 73 payload stations. But in offset 0x1400 is room for only 61 stations. The manual says "If there are more you can‘t access them this way."

So my questions is: Is there a way to get those remaining 12 stations? I couldn't find one in the docs. Or is there another way to read the complete aircraft payload? I wouldnt need the individual stations data (currently)?

Best regards

Peter

I have a problem reading the payload station data using FSUIPC. Flight1's ATR uses 73 payload stations. But in offset 0x1400 is room for only 61 stations. The manual says "If there are more you can‘t access them this way."

So my questions is: Is there a way to get those remaining 12 stations? I couldn't find one in the docs. Or is there another way to read the complete aircraft payload? I wouldnt need the individual stations data (currently)?

Sorry, I cannot offer any way. 61 certainly seemed many many more than anyone would need.

Regards

Pete

Sorry, I cannot offer any way. 61 certainly seemed many many more than anyone would need.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

thanks for your answer, even so it doesnt make me happy :-(.

Well, until 3 hours ago I assumed the same. But the developers of Flight1's ATR decided to use one payload station for every single seat. So they ended up with 73.

Okay, I will have to do some calculations to get the payload (at least approximate).

Regards Peter

First PayloadStation is for the 2 pilots, second and third for Front and Aft Stewart third and fourth for the Front and Aft Cargo. The following 68 stations each contain the weights for the 68 seats. (Flight1's ATR 72 Configuration Manager assumes 172 lbs for a man, 150 lbs for a woman, and 77 lbs for a child.)

So I can calculate an average value for one seat from the available values, and a simple multiplication will give me an approximate payload.

Fortunatly I dont need the exact value for my flight planning program, that depends on zero fuel weight and fuel weight values, of course. And theses values ar provided by FSUIPC.

It is just that the program shows the values for empty weight and payload to the user, so they should not be totaly wrong.