The simFlight Network Forums

update fsuipc 4.60

Using FSX on Window 7, 64 bit .. currently have unregistered FSUIPC 4.60a as add-on for VRINSIGHT GPS-5 .. works fine, but i now realize that interfacing with other hardware such as GoFlight EFIS will require registered FSUIPC.. my question

1.) if i use my current fsuipc to register, will it give me latest update and will VRINSIGHT GPS-5 continue to function without having to reinstall?

2.) or should i just purchase newest fsuipc & i presume it will install over current unregistered version & again VRINSIGHT GPS-5 will continue to function?

The thought of reinstalling the GPS-5 gives me nightmares, please be patient & keep answers simple as i am 68 years young :)

KC97

Using FSX on Window 7, 64 bit .. currently have unregistered FSUIPC 4.60a as add-on for VRINSIGHT GPS-5 .. works fine, but i now realize that interfacing with other hardware such as GoFlight EFIS will require registered FSUIPC.. my question

1.) if i use my current fsuipc to register, will it give me latest update and will VRINSIGHT GPS-5 continue to function without having to reinstall?

2.) or should i just purchase newest fsuipc & i presume it will install over current unregistered version & again VRINSIGHT GPS-5 will continue to function?

When you purchase a key for FSUIPC you purchase just that -- a key which unlocks the user facilities. There is no "registered" and "unregistered" version. And you do not purchase a specific version -- only FSUIPC3 (for FS9 and before) or FSUIPC4 (for FSX and later). The single purchase covers all updates -- and you are expected to keep up to date or you get no support. i can't support old versions.

As of this week the oldest supported version of FSUIPC4 is 4.70. (Actually now 4.70b due to some last minute changes).

When you install or reinstall FSUIPC, or register it, it changes nothing whatsoever in your existing installation. It merely opens the additional facilities for you. No settings are changed without you explicitly changing them yourself. No files other than the program itself and its documentation and supplied examples are changed except for the KEY file which records your registration.

The thought of reinstalling the GPS-5 gives me nightmares, please be patient & keep answers simple as i am 68 years young smile.gif

As am I . I don't think that necessarily means that things have to be too simple?

Regards

Pete

When you purchase a key for FSUIPC you purchase just that -- a key which unlocks the user facilities. There is no "registered" and "unregistered" version. And you do not purchase a specific version -- only FSUIPC3 (for FS9 and before) or FSUIPC4 (for FSX and later). The single purchase covers all updates -- and you are expected to keep up to date or you get no support. i can't support old versions.

As of this week the oldest supported version of FSUIPC4 is 4.70. (Actually now 4.70b due to some last minute changes).

When you install or reinstall FSUIPC, or register it, it changes nothing whatsoever in your existing installation. It merely opens the additional facilities for you. No settings are changed without you explicitly changing them yourself. No files other than the program itself and its documentation and supplied examples are changed except for the KEY file which records your registration.

As am I . I don't think that necessarily means that things have to be too simple?

Regards

Pete

Regards

Pete

thank you & will register.. Don