The simFlight Network Forums

Refund possible?

Hello. I have problems using my CH yoke with the iFly 737. In the forum I was suggested to buy FSUIPC in order to solve the null zone problems.

If FSUIPC will not solve my issue, is there a way to get a refund?

And another question: using FSUIPC, can I enable/ disable via a key assignment the ATC option "Use pilot voice"?

Thanks

Hello. I have problems using my CH yoke with the iFly 737. In the forum I was suggested to buy FSUIPC in order to solve the null zone problems.

What "null zone problems" are they?

If FSUIPC will not solve my issue, is there a way to get a refund?

I shouldn't think so. That's for SimMarket to say, but how do you expect them to stop you using it? I think it is explicitly against the policy stated on the sales pages.

If you felt that way why didn't you research it first, or at least ask here?

And another question: using FSUIPC, can I enable/ disable via a key assignment the ATC option "Use pilot voice"?

Er ... what does that do? Isn't it an FS menu item? What are you wanting to accomplish?

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the answer

First, in order to have a better idea of what your program does, I checked this manual:

http://www.flypfc.com/downloads/FSUIPC%20User%20Guide.pdf

Is there a newer version of the manual available?

What "null zone problems" are they?

I can't engage autopilot on that bird. I quote from an answer I received in their forum:

That means your Yoke is not in its full centre position.

You need a big enough dead/null zone around the centre of the yoke to eliminate the AP being disconnected due to spikes or small movements around the centre postion.

Yes FSUIPC helps with this as you can see the numbers visualy in the calibration section of FSUIPC, (registered version)

how do you expect them to stop you using it?

Well since Flight1 can, I thought it is would be possible to deactivate my serial...

If you felt that way why didn't you research it first, or at least ask here?

Maybe my english is bad but I don't understand this. I just asked here...

Er ... what does that do? Isn't it an FS menu item? What are you wanting to accomplish?

I wish to be able to turn on and off the pilot voice at any time using a hotkey command, without having to enter the FS menu. I am talking about this particular function:

54145351.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First, in order to have a better idea of what your program does, I checked this manual:

http://www.flypfc.co...ser%20Guide.pdf

Is there a newer version of the manual available?

Phew! Considering that appears to date back to 2006 (!!!) with version 3.71, then, yes, of course! Why resort to places like that? I assume there are lots of websites with old copies of FSUIPC and its documents around. i can't stop that. But the latest is always obtained by simply installing FSUIPC (which costs nothing) and referring to the many documents and examples which are then provided for you in the "FS Modules \ FSUIPC Documents" folder.

I can't engage autopilot on that bird. I quote from an answer I received in their forum:

That means your Yoke is not in its full centre position.

You need a big enough dead/null zone around the centre of the yoke to eliminate the AP being disconnected due to spikes or small movements around the centre postion.

Yes FSUIPC helps with this as you can see the numbers visualy in the calibration section of FSUIPC, (registered version)

Seems there's a bug in the implementation of the add-on aircraft if it is so sensitive. Autopilots should be able to ignore minor knocks on the yoke -- something easy enough to do accidentally in any case.

Maybe the yoke doesn't have a well-defined central position, as the reply you got suggests. FSUIPC certainly allows you to define a central null zone, or simply a less sensitive central zone, or a combination as suits your usage. It is precise, and you can have different settings for each aircraft or aircraft type (via "profiles"), automatically changing when you load different aircraft.

However, for a basic crude central null zone you can actually use the slider in FS. Did you try that? (Don't use that AND FSUIPC).

I wish to be able to turn on and off the pilot voice at any time using a hotkey command, without having to enter the FS menu. I am talking about this particular function:

What does it do when you turn it off, as opposed to on? Sorry, but FS's ATC is not something I know anything about -- I've always used Radar Contact, ever since FS98 days.

I don't think there's anything accessible to FSUIPC or any other program which changes those options, but if i understood what you are wanting to achieve maybe I could think of a way.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the comprehensive answer!

Phew! Considering that appears to date back to 2006 (!!!) with version 3.71, then, yes, of course! Why resort to places like that. I assume there are lots of websites with old copies of FSUIPC and its documents around. i can't stop that. But the latest is always obtained by simply installing FSUIPC (which costs nothing) and referring to the many documents and examples which are then provided for you in the "FS Modules \ FSUIPC Documents folder.

Thanks, LOL I thought it was a bit old. I will check what you suggested.

I'm amazed that your yoke is so jittery that it succeeds in disengaging the autopilot. Seems there's a but in the implementation of the add-on aircraft if it is so sensitive. Autopilots should be able to ignore minor knocks on the yoke -- something easy enough to do accidentally in any case.

Maybe the yoke doesn't have a well-defined central position, as the reply you got suggests. FSUIPC certainly allows you to define a central null zone, or simply a less sensitive central zone, or a combination as suits your usage. It is precise, and you can have different settings for each aircraft or aircraft type (via 2profiles"), automatically changing when you load different aircraft.

However, for a basic crude central null zone you can use the slider in FS. Did you try that? (Don't use that AND FSUIPC)

Well there is an entire debate on the iFly licensed forum about this. Indeed their autopilot is far too sensitive. I have tried using ths slider in FS... no help

What does it do when you turn it off, as opposed to on? Sorry, but FS's ATC is not something I know anything about -- I've always used Radar Contact, ever since FS98 days.

I don't think there's anything accessible to FSUIPC or any other program which changes those options, but if i understood what you are wanting to achieve maybe I could think of a way.

It turns off and on the voice of the pilot. I use the default ATC and fly offline. Sometimes I wish to talk myself to ATC (obviously no one listens :))and then I don't want to hear the pilot voice (when I am PNF), sometimes I like to hear it (when I am PF). Yes, I know, I'm crazy :))

Regards

It turns off and on the voice of the pilot. I use the default ATC and fly offline. Sometimes I wish to talk myself to ATC (obviously no one listens :))and then I don't want to hear the pilot voice (when I am PNF), sometimes I like to hear it (when I am PF). Yes, I know, I'm crazy :))

Ah, the replies to ATC or the calls made by the Pilot! I see. I thought it was related to some choice in which voice to use.

Sorry, I don't know any way to change that "on the fly". It might be possible to hack into the FS code to find where it's implemented, but if so it would really be something I'd rather do on FSX than FS9. My FS9 days are well in the past, and all my tools are aimed at dissecting FSX .

Regards

Pete

Ah, the replies to ATC or the calls made by the Pilot! I see. I thought it was related to some choice in which voice to use.

Sorry, I don't know any way to change that "on the fly". It might be possible to hack into the FS code to find where it's implemented, but if so it would really be something I'd rather do on FSX than FS9. My FS9 days are well in the past, and all my tools are aimed at dissecting FSX .

Regards

Pete

Thanks, anyway!

Thanks, anyway!

On the sensitive autopilot subject, now you've bought FSUIPC, try out the calibration settings, and as well as defining an accurate central zone, look at the "slopes" facility. If you can't find a way which stops the A/P kicking out, let me know and we'll do some logging of the axis values to see what is happening and work from there.

Regards

Pete

On the sensitive autopilot subject, now you've bought FSUIPC, try out the calibration settings, and as well as defining an accurate central zone, look at the "slopes" facility. If you can't find a way which stops the A/P kicking out, let me know and we'll do some logging of the axis values to see what is happening and work from there.

Regards

Pete

Oh, I was misunderstood, I haven't bought it yet. That was the point of my thread.

Oh, I was misunderstood, I haven't bought it yet. That was the point of my thread.

Oh, I see. Well, I can't really help you to a decision, and I certainly can't guarantee that FSUIPC can fix your problem, not until I see the possible reasons. All I can undertake to do is support FSUIPC properly, and help you towards a solution should you want to try.

If you don't see anything else in FSUIPC that would be of use to you, then I would say that the weight of reason is not to buy. But do review the various threads here and definitely visit the User Contributions sub-forum to see what folks are doing with FSUIPC to get a broader perspective first.

Regards

Pete

Oh, I see. Well, I can't really help you to a decision, and I certainly can't guarantee that FSUIPC can fix your problem, not until I see the possible reasons. All I can undertake to do is support FSUIPC properly, and help you towards a solution should you want to try.

If you don't see anything else in FSUIPC that would be of use to you, then I would say that the weight of reason is not to buy. But do review the various threads here and definitely visit the User Contributions sub-forum to see what folks are doing with FSUIPC to get a broader perspective first.

Regards

Pete

Thanks, Pete.

You really should have posted the Autopilot problem in iFly's Forum. There are a number of CH users who have overcome the autopilot issue and there are a number of FAQs/techs there to show you how to get it working right.

Thanks. I did. But nothing works for me.

I have noticed with FSUIPC that elevators values vary a lot even when yoke is in neutral and that there are some variation with CH throttle even if I had disabled the axis in FS menu.

Without knowing what you are actually doing I can't really advise. Just installing and registering FSUIPC does nothing to any controls. You can calibrate in FSUIPC whilst still assigning in FS, and this is the easiest and most usual way. If you assign in FSUIPC there are two different ways of doing so and both then need also calibrating in FSUIPC, and always disabling in FS -- you must never have the same axes or buttons assigned in both.

Whichever of the three ways you assign, when calibrating in FSUIPC you must follow the numbered steps in doing so. You can achieve very accurate results to suit your wishes and the aircraft you fly, but FSUIPC is a tool. The results depend wholly on how you wield it.

Pete

Without knowing what you are actually doing I can't really advise. Just installing and registering FSUIPC does nothing to any controls. You can calibrate in FSUIPC whilst still assigning in FS, and this is the easiest and most usual way. If you assign in FSUIPC there are two different ways of doing so and both then need also calibrating in FSUIPC, and always disabling in FS -- you must never have the same axes or buttons assigned in both.

Whichever of the three ways you assign, when calibrating in FSUIPC you must follow the numbered steps in doing so. You can achieve very accurate results to suit your wishes and the aircraft you fly, but FSUIPC is a tool. The results depend wholly on how you wield it.

Pete

Thanks, I'm working on it.