The simFlight Network Forums

Question Re AI Traffic

Hi Pete

Haven't been here in a while - hope you're well.

I posted for help at Flightsim Commander forum, and got this...

Is it possible for FSC9 to show SHIP traffic?

Be great to be able to see the carriers - especially the addon ones.

Thanks

Hi Dougal,

please ask your question in Peter Dowson's Forum, http://forums.simfli...wforum.php?f=54

only the FSUIPC can make this data available.

Regards,

Volker

Is it possible for FSC9 to show SHIP traffic?

Be great to be able to see the carriers - especially the addon ones.

only the FSUIPC can make this data available.

It is theoretically possible for FSUIPC4 to get information for ground and sea traffic from SimConnect, but it isn't something I'd want to do. The method used for Aircraft is designed very specifically for TCAS and ATC type applications. The use for ships and other vehicles is not really an "aviation" application I would be interested in.

Even if i did, i couldn't really populate the current aircraft tables with such information, as it would wreck the use of this by many existing programs. So, even if i could find space for a few ships in another table somewhere, it would still mean changes to FSC9 or whatever to read it.

Any program interfacing to SimConnect could get such information. maybe you can interest someone in this?

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the info Pete.

I sure wish someone would take it on. It would be just great to have carriers show up on moving maps and planners.

If you have the SDK installed and install the Traffic Toolbox, selecting the Traffic Explorer from the drop-down menu will allow you to see the moving AI ships, provided

you un-check the box at the top that says something like "show aircraft only" or

some such.

I've not looked to see if they appear on the traffic toolbox map display but I do

know that they appear in the Explorer listing.

I don't know if one can extract that data anywhere and I'm

away from my sim computer so I can't check it out.

Paul