The simFlight Network Forums

External and Internal Sounds

Hi Pete,

for a long time I wondered if through FSUIPC is possible to have two different sounds in own cockpit.

Specifically in the MD80 (the engine sound is not hear because to far from the cockpit) i want to say how to have the internal and external sound both inthe same moment and switchable in two different channels.

For example: If I open the cockpit window I hear the sounds (engines, ambiance) outside of FSX, but if I just close the window only the internal sounds.

Thanks for your help,

Simone

for a long time I wondered if through FSUIPC is possible to have two different sounds in own cockpit.

Apart from the sound playing facilities in the Lua plug-in libraries, there are no facilities in FSUIPC for manipulating sounds. In fact I don't know of any way to manipulate FS sounds directly. There may be an add-on which replaces sounds with more realistic ones, but detecting windows being opened and so on would mean having that provision built into the add-on aircraft.

Regards

Pete