The simFlight Network Forums

Flight Saving Question/Suggestions

If I do not choose one of those options will the current method still be in force so that my Autosaved "also's" get overwritten

on any given day?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Why would you add any such entries in the name of the AlsoSave file if you don't want the values they stand for?

I really do not want to have to go in and manually remove those files as I have a 7 minute save schedule.

So just don't use any of the facilities? I don't understand why you'd even ask. No one is forcing you to type %D or whatever into the filename. You choose whatever name you want. If you want it to include the aircraft name, so you have one saved per aircraft, use %A, if you want it to include the day of the week so you have a maximum of seven, use %W. If you only ever want one file, don't use any of those. And so on. Isn't that obvious? Is it really so badly described? Doesn't the word "optional" come across? :-(

Pete

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Why would you add any such entries in the name of the AlsoSave file if you don't want the values they stand for?

So just don't use any of the facilities? I don't understand why you'd even ask. No one is forcing you to type %D or whatever into the filename. You choose whatever name you want. If you want it to include the aircraft name, so you have one saved per aircraft, use %A, if you want it to include the day of the week so you have a maximum of seven, use %W. If you only ever want one file, don't use any of those. And so on. Isn't that obvious? Is it really so badly described? Doesn't the word "optional" come across? :-(

Pete

Perhaps I am confusing this new set of "AlsoSave options" with the existing "AlsoManage" feature which I use.

AlsoManage1=C:\Documents and Settings\Gypsy Baron\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\*.377

AlsoManage2=C:\Documents and Settings\Gypsy Baron\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\*.P47

AlsoManage3=C:\Documents and Settings\Gypsy Baron\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\*.PJ3

AlsoManage4=C:\Documents and Settings\Gypsy Baron\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\*.B17

AlsoManage5=C:\Documents and Settings\Gypsy Baron\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\*.ipcbin

If whatever changes have been made do not affect the above capability then I really couldn't care less

as I am satisfied with the existing capability.

Paul

Perhaps I am confusing this new set of "AlsoSave options" with the existing "AlsoManage" feature which I use.

Yes, I think you must be. The AlsoSave facility is completely unmanaged. The "AlsoManage" facilities simply adds other files to those deleted when the normal Autrosave cycle operates.

Pete