The simFlight Network Forums

Profile question!

Hello! I loaded the Cessna Skyhawk 172SP into FSX/ win7/64bit OS. Then open FSUIPC, checked the checkbox but nothing showed up, No dropdown-box. I did as instructed as below:

To load an existing user profile you can select a pre-existing profile from the axis assignment

tab, button assignment tab, or any other applicable tab where a “Profile Specific” checkbox is so as to select

a profile from the dropdown box once it opens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached my Ini-file. Any Help? HerbFSUIPC4.txt

It was his ini file, how you knew what it was without downloading it it beyond me. I was the first person to download the file, that's how I know you didn't read it because the forum said zero downloads before I grabbed it.

Anyway I digress, make sure you download the latest interim update from the downloads sub forum, this facility wasn't added until relatively recently.

Hello! I loaded the Cessna Skyhawk 172SP into FSX/ win7/64bit OS. Then open FSUIPC, checked the checkbox but nothing showed up

Attached my Ini-file. Any Help?

The INI file appears to be incomplete. These parts are wrong:

[Axes.]

0=AX,1,D,0,1,0,0

1=AY,1,D,0,2,0,0

2=AZ,256,D,4,0,0,0

3=AV,130,F,65706,0,0,0

4=AS,256,D,22,0,0,0

5=BX,256,D,7,0,0,0

6=BY,256,F,0,66388,0,0

7=BR,256,D,3,0,0,0

[Profile.]

1=

Delete those lines, because you cannot have sections like this without names after the '.' character. It maybe these lines which are messing things up. This may have been the result of somehow entering a profile name with only [ ] characters, a bug fixed recently as listed in the update notes as follows:

15. The use of [ and ] characters in Profile names has always been disallowed (they are replaced by ( and ) respectively), but if the 'new profile' entry contained only [ and ] characters an invalid null profile section would have been produced. This is now fixed.

Download and install the current interim version (4.722 or later) from the Download Links subforum just in case this happens again.

Regards

Pete

It was his ini file, how you knew what it was without downloading it it beyond me. I was the first person to download the file, that's how I know you didn't read it because the forum said zero downloads before I grabbed it.

He fixed it last night before YOU downloaded it. The forum probably reset the DL counter. Be careful of the assumptions you make, I haven't had my coffee yet LOL!

The INI file appears to be incomplete. These parts are wrong:

[Axes.]

0=AX,1,D,0,1,0,0

1=AY,1,D,0,2,0,0

2=AZ,256,D,4,0,0,0

3=AV,130,F,65706,0,0,0

4=AS,256,D,22,0,0,0

5=BX,256,D,7,0,0,0

6=BY,256,F,0,66388,0,0

7=BR,256,D,3,0,0,0

[Profile.]

1=

Delete those lines, because you cannot have sections like this without names after the '.' character. It maybe these lines which are messing things up. This may have been the result of somehow entering a profile name with only [ ] characters, a bug fixed recently as listed in the update notes as follows:

15. The use of [ and ] characters in Profile names has always been disallowed (they are replaced by ( and ) respectively), but if the 'new profile' entry contained only [ and ] characters an invalid null profile section would have been produced. This is now fixed.

Download and install the current interim version (4.722 or later) from the Download Links subforum just in case this happens again.

Regards

Pete

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Pete, I will follow your instructions. Herb

To:Andy! Sorry for my mistake with the attachment. Herb