The simFlight Network Forums

737 NGX and FSUIPC Autosave

I'm currently using the FSUIPC4 autosave utility but when loading an already autosaved 737 NGX flight, sometimes it works (rare) but most of the times it does not due to a panel state that is cold & dark (the FMC/CDU is inop in such a case which means there is no way to load a previous panel state)

The FSUIPC4 autosave feature works fine with all of my other addons.

I know this issue is not from FSUIPC side but rather from PMDG's but I'm just wondering why it doesn't work all the times with the NGX. Any idea ?

Regards

The FSUIPC4 autosave feature works fine with all of my other addons.

I know this issue is not from FSUIPC side but rather from PMDG's but I'm just wondering why it doesn't work all the times with the NGX. Any idea

Like other PMDG aircraft, it saves its settings in additoinal files which it should reload. No idea why it doesn't, but FSUIPC's Autosave simply calls the FS routines to save the flights -- exactly the same as you doing it from the FS menu or using the ; shortcut. The only difference is the automatic naming. Sorry, it can't do anything cleverer than that.

You might also want to see this thread: tip autosave and the pmdg ngx.

Pete

Merci Pete,

My recent ticket to the PMDG 737NGX forum :

"Are you planning to make this FSUIPC Autosave feature NGX compatible ?"

Quoting Pete Dowson answering a similar question I posted some time ago on FSUIPC forum "FSUIPC's Autosave simply calls the FS routines to save the flights -- exactly the same as you doing it from the FS menu or using the ; shortcut. The only difference is the automatic naming.

Answer from Paul Gollnick/Manager Customer Support Precision Manuals Development Group :

"We needs Pete's assistance to correct the issue and unfortunately he has not responded to our requests for assistance so until we are able to work with him on the issue, it will not be resolved"

C'est ce qui s'appelle se renvoyer la balle.... (sorry but I don't know the corresponding english expression)

"Are you planning to make this FSUIPC Autosave feature NGX compatible ?"

There is absolutely no reason why a flight save instigated by FSUIPC is any different at all from one instigated by using the FSX Menu or the ';' shortcut. All three call the same place, and definitely all three cause the PMDG code to save its own additional files. This was confirmed by Andy when he posted the useful information about managing those extra Autosaved files in this thread:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69068-tip-autosave-and-the-pmdg-ngx/

There is no difference in files saved in any of the three ways. Therefore there cannot be any difference in how they affect things when reloaded.

To let PMDG determine how loading their own saved files does not restore the aircraft to its state at the time of saving you will have to send them some samples.

Answer from Paul Gollnick/Manager Customer Support Precision Manuals Development Group :

"We needs Pete's assistance to correct the issue and unfortunately he has not responded to our requests for assistance so until we are able to work with him on the issue, it will not be resolved"

No one from PMDG has contacted me in years. That is most certainly a falsehood.

Regards

Pete

"To let PMDG determine how loading their own saved files does not restore the aircraft to its state at the time of saving you will have to send them some samples"

already done, 3 samples were sent as attached files. My feeling is they all were just ignored.

"No one from PMDG has contacted me in years. That is most certainly a falsehood"

OK, I'm not so surprised. I'll let Paul know asap

• 3 weeks later...

FSUIPC4 Autosave enabled + the whole FSX folder excluded from MSE scanning (Andy's recommendation found on NGX forum)

the micro-freezes seem to have vanished !! (to be confirmed on the long term) + FSUIPC Autosave feature seems to be working fine at last ! (to be also confirmed)

FSUIPC4 Autosave enabled + the whole FSX folder excluded from MSE scanning (Andy's recommendation found on NGX forum)

the micro-freezes seem to have vanished !! (to be confirmed on the long term) + FSUIPC Autosave feature seems to be working fine at last ! (to be also confirmed)

Good. Let's hope you can confirm too.

Pete