The simFlight Network Forums

Controlspike_elemination for Throttle

Hi Pete,

I know the Controlspike_elemination for Rudder, Aileron, and Elevator, but is it also possible to get one for Throttle?

I have already set the filter in the calibration, but sometimes my Saitek-Throttle sends a heavy spike, so that the autothrottle of my PMDG737NGX disables.

The throttle-values are accelerating in a positive range and suddenly only one value of about -16000.

I know the Controlspike_elemination for Rudder, Aileron, and Elevator, but is it also possible to get one for Throttle?

It's never been needed.
I have already set the filter in the calibration, but sometimes my Saitek-Throttle sends a heavy spike, so that the autothrottle of my PMDG737NGX disables.

The throttle-values are accelerating in a positive range and suddenly only one value of about -16000.

The spike removal already provided is for + or - 16384, values normally impossible. The facility was to remove spikes caused by a software bug at the time, not hardware.

Why are you moving the throttle lever during A/T use? Is this to match the A/T positioning? normally with FS you have to park the throttle somewhere without jitter.

Pete

Why are you moving the throttle lever during A/T use? Is this to match the A/T positioning? normally with FS you have to park the throttle somewhere without jitter

No I didn't move the lever after reaching 40% N1, the I pressed TO/GA and A/T takes control. Sorry, my english is a bit poor, you misunderstood me.

But it's OK if there is no solution for this hardware driven problem.

No I didn't move the lever after reaching 40% N1, the I pressed TO/GA and A/T takes control.

So, despite not moving the throttle lever, the Saitek throttle is still sending assorted values to FS, including that 16000 "spike"?

If so there is something very wrong with it or its driver. Is it very old and needing cleaning?

Pete

Hi Pete,

it seems to be a Saitek-Problem, that the potentiometers are not the best, serveral members of our club have or had have problems with it.

This throttle-unit is pretty new.

But how can I get sure that the spike comes from the throttle-axis (Hardware) Could i log raw-data from the HID-controller?

But how can I get sure that the spike comes from the throttle-axis (Hardware) Could i log raw-data from the HID-controller?

Are you using Saitek drivers or default Windows ones? If the latter then the fault must be in the hardware or its firmware, and the values seen in FSUIPC will reflect the true ones from the device. Otherwise you'd need to use a Lua plug-in to read the HID stuff directly, or maybe a USB monitor program -- but in the latter case you'd need to know how to decode the stuff coming in.

But this spike comes from a non-moving lever? Presumably something else on the same unit is being moved? I can't imagine something generating spikes by itself when nothing's happening to it.

It would be possible to write a Lua plug-in to check the calibrated inputs and change them to eliminate these oddities, like Fly-by-Wire type interjection. But it isn't totally straight forward. It would involve reading and writing FSUIPC offsets.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

I use the Saitek driver, but without the Saitek-Software (I don't like problems ;-)) )

And I will do some testing with the logs when using the NGX.

I will try to use the logfile like a blackbox and analyse it with Excel :-)

Thanks for this time,

Problem seems to be fixed. It was exactly the same behavior as Ian BAW19 posted here http://forum.simflig...ve-axis-values/.

It is fixed with the new Version 4.731

Ah, so it was to do with the filtering! (I keep saying -- I don't like that filtering! ;-)).

Anyway, I'm pleased that the recent filtering fixes fixed your problem too! I wouldn't have guessed. it took a lot of elimination and logging to work out what was going on!

Pete