The simFlight Network Forums

Problem configurating Rudder trim with FSUIPC

hi Pete

i´m not able to make the rudder trim work via fsuipc

well let me explain

i have configurated my rudder pedals with fsuipc without any problem. also is assigned via FS menu

for rudder trim first of all itried to assign directly from fsuipc but once i go to the plane, when i move the rudder trim the rudder donñt move.

then i decide to assign via FS menu the rudder trim axe to the rudder pedals.

Does the rudder trim move the rudder in the exterior of the plane??

the problem that i have is that i want to assign a dead zone in fsuipc to make the line of the rudder trim be alineated.

to to that i need to assign the dead zone: -10844 and -6687 as you see in the pic. the reality is that when i go to the sim the dead zone is not working.

what can i do?

what iñm doing wrong?

is it necesary to assign the things in FS menu and also in FSUIPC?

thanks a lot

Miguel

post-14348-0-37946700-1315951148_thumb.jpost-14348-0-39534200-1315951182_thumb.jpost-14348-0-51800100-1315951205_thumb.j

i´m not able to make the rudder trim work via fsuipc

Can you please tell me which version of FS and FSUIPC you are using, please.

is it necesary to assign the things in FS menu and also in FSUIPC?

No. NEVER do that.

Tell me what versions you are using and I'll check. I can't really do anything otherwise.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

i download 3 weeks ago the version of fsuipc.

i´m at work now and don´t know the exact number of version.

i have fsx sp1 and sp2

do you know if moving the rudder trim, the rudder will move?.

In the other side, is possible to asign the same axe to 2 diferent potenciometers? i mean the rudder to the pedals and the rudder to the rudder trim

Thanks

Miguel

That depends on the aircraft, the default baron you will see the actual small trim tab on the rudder move when you turn the rudder trim wheel. A lot of other aircraft you will not see anything at all because the dev hasn't bothered to tie an animation to the rudder trim.

The best way to reliably test it is to actually fly the aircraft and try it.

i download 3 weeks ago the version of fsuipc.

From here (Download Links), or over on the Schiratti site? If the latter it'll be 4.703 I think. If here I'm not sure. 4.72x something.

I'll check with 4.728 in any case, as that is the current interim release.

Well on the real aircraft is moves a little bit, the "tab", which affects how the rudder then moves. You wouldn't notice that. But I suspect many FS aircraft just implement it as an off-centre rudder. So ... it depends how sophisticated the modelling is on the aircraft you are looking at.

In the other side, is possible to asign the same axe to 2 diferent potenciometers? i mean the rudder to the pedals and the rudder to the rudder trim

Yes, it is possible in FSUIPC to assign multiple hardware inputs to the same FS control, and vice versa.

However, if you do what you suggest then one will override the other each time you use it. You won't get any effective trim operating on the rudder, because the pedal value will simply override that -- and vice versa.

Please let me check things out and get back to you.

Pete

Hi pete.

i always do it from schiriati web

how can i asign 2 axes to the same thing and calibrate both independiently?

in the case of the rudde rtrim, when you use it, don´t use pedals so the rudder trim will overrride the pedals and could work correctly.

when i tried to assign the rudder trim and not enableing the axe in fs menu, no action in the rudder.

what i don´t know is if the rudder has to move or not.

Due that i don´t have ruder trim indication if i assign it to the rudder i can see in the lower eicas the position of it

Miguel

i always do it from schiriati web

Ah, but when you have problems the first thing you should do is come here, to the Download Links subforum, and see if there is a later version. Things get fixed and added in interim updates all the time -- 27 since the last Schiratti site update. The reason is that it takes much longer for me to overhaul and update the documentation for a full release there than it does to provide a quick updated version here. Also I am not in control of the Schiratti site -- it isn't mine -- so i can't change things there easily or quickly.

how can i asign 2 axes to the same thing and calibrate both independiently?

You cannot. The calibration is on the resulting FS control, not on your hardware.

The only purpose of assigning two axes to the same control is for two pilots. One will override the other, so you only use one at a time -- the pilot flying. For axes assigned direct to FSUIPC calibration FSUIPC will arbitrate between the two inputs, giving the one with the biggest deflection the control.

in the case of the rudde rtrim, when you use it, don´t use pedals so the rudder trim will overrride the pedals and could work correctly.

Not really. Rudder trim is not the same as rudder, especially in FSX. I have just checked. The rudder and aileron trims are working perfectly, with FSUIPC calibration. You can't see the trim tab operating on the default 737, but load up the Baron and look from the rear. It does model the trim tab moving -- you can see it quite clearly.

Also, with the Baron, bring up the main panel and see the aileron and rudder trim dials on the right. Those will move when you operate the trim.

Due that i don´t have ruder trim indication if i assign it to the rudder i can see in the lower eicas the position of it

Does your lower EICAS show trim positions? They normally only show the main controls plus the speed brakes/spoilers.

There's really little reason to know the exact trim position, only that it is centred for normal flight -- check that on your control knob or lever before takeoff. When a trim needs adjustment in flight you adjust it using feedback on the feel of the controls. If you constantly need pressure on the rudder you use the trim to alleviate it -- exactly as you do with elevator trim.

Check your controls with the Baron. You can see it quite clearly on screen operating correctly. If you still don't see it, in case it is a change in FSUIPC since your version, download and install 4.728 from the Download Links subforum.

Regards

Pete

hi Pete

i will download it

i´m thinking that perhaps it was working but i did not see it because i just look at the rudder position

in general, you dont have to assign the axes in fsx menu when you want to do it in fsuipc. right?

in previous posts

"In the other side, is possible to asign the same axe to 2 diferent potenciometers? i mean the rudder to the pedals and the rudder to the rudder trim

Yes, it is possible in FSUIPC to assign multiple hardware inputs to the same FS control, and vice versa.

However, if you do what you suggest then one will override the other each time you use it. You won't get any effective trim operating on the rudder, because the pedal value will simply override that -- and vice versa.

how can i do that? to assign rudder to trim axe and rudder axe.

i don´t have ruder trim indicator, i have rudder indicator in lower eicas of 737.

if i assign everything to the rudder, i can see if is centered or not

thanks for your support

in general, you dont have to assign the axes in fsx menu when you want to do it in fsuipc. right?

Correct. You should NOT assign in FS and in FSUIPC, only one or the other. Otherwise they will conflict.

how can i do that? to assign rudder to trim axe and rudder axe.

Just do so. In FSUIPC which allows up to 4 assignments for each axis and any number of axes assigned to the same control.

But I very strongly advise against doing that. It is pointless and will simply destroy your ability to control rudder or rudder trim correctly. I don't understand why you'd even consider it. You'd have to use one or the other when flying, which just doesn't make any sense.

i don´t have ruder trim indicator, i have rudder indicator in lower eicas of 737.

if i assign everything to the rudder, i can see if is centered or not

But then you have no rudder trim and cannot fly correctly with the rudder because your trim control will override it UNLESS you keep it centred, in which case it is a waste of a control.

Why not use the rudder trim as you do the elevator trim -- by feedback? You don't need indicators for trims, they are a superfluous luxury.

Regards

Pete