The simFlight Network Forums

Network Learning Experience on FSX help

Hi,

I am in the midst of setting up a FSX learning experience program and would require some input on my requirements.

I have 3 computers linked on a network. Lets name them A, B and C. I would like A to be the main computer where I run FSX with the control sticks and TRC1000 cockpit. ( Cessna 172 glass cockpit)

To provide better learning experience, I would like the option of:

1) The instruments to be displayed on B and C and they are configurable.

2) Able to display a full view of the aicraft to present the effects of the various flight controls surfaces on B and C.

3) To be able to display other customizable instrumentation such as accelerometer, angle of attack and trim etc.

What would be the best option or configuration? I am ready to learn and program on my own if required. Hope to get guidance and various setup options from you guys here.

Thank You!

What software are you planning to purchase for this? I know Project Magenta, but there are several others - Sim-Avionics, Flight Deck Software, ProSim737, FSXpand and Aerosoft (Australia). Which one you choose would depend on your budget and the aircraft type you mainly want to simulate.

2) Able to display a full view of the aicraft to present the effects of the various flight controls surfaces on B and C.

Ah. That's different. You'd need each computer to be up to the same standard and all running FS, linked by something like WidevieW.

3) To be able to display other customizable instrumentation such as accelerometer, angle of attack and trim etc.

I don't know if you can get such add-on gauges. I have the AofA indication on the Project Magenta PFD and the trim settings on an optional EICAS screen. (I fly a 738). I'm not aware of an accelerometer gauge.

What would be the best option or configuration? I am ready to learn and program on my own if required. Hope to get guidance and various setup options from you guys here.

You need to investigate WidevieW to start with. It isn't my program. Nothing I support here really has very much to do with what you want to do.

Regards

Pete

He mentions the TRC1000 in his OP, maybe he is referring to this >> http://www.simkits.c...hp?prodid=1241#

Ah, but that appears to have screens for those integrated instruments, so i assume they are either additional screens on the same PC as FS, or the system comes already equipeed with the other computers needed. That doesn't seem to mesh correctly with the OP's item 1:

Regards

Pete

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate them. Maybe the description of my setup was not clear enough, allow me to clarify.

Computer A will be the main computer with simkit's TRC1000 cockpit, PFD and MFD display as well as the saitek joystick. The aircraft that I will be simulating is the Cessna 172SP Skyhawk G1000, thus the use of TRC1000.

1) I thought of using FSxpand and FSclient. They seem to be able to display gauges( configurable ) on a client PC over a network. So Computer B and C will be able to display the gauges base on data input from Computer A. The aim of this is to display the gauges on each individual computer on the same network so that students do not need to crowd around the Main Computer. They can just view everything from their own Computer, in this case Computer B and C.

2) Can I run Wideview together with other software such as the ones mentioned in (1) above? Do the Computer configuration need to be the same spec?

Thank You!

2) Can I run Wideview together with other software such as the ones mentioned in (1) above?

I don'y know whether they'll run on the same PC, because FS will be running on it as well. That's a question for the support forum of those packages. But if you mean using FS on computers A and C linked by WidevieW, and your external gauges on computer B, then there should be no problem.

Do the Computer configuration need to be the same spec?

If you want the same performance on both A and C, so one doesn't appear jerkier than the other. Both need to be up to whatever standard you need to run FS flently. However, computer A also has the TRC cockpit to support, so I'd guess it would need to be the better of the two. But this is more a guess. I don't know TRC and I don't use WidevieW. Maybe your question would be better addressed to the latter's suppoty forum?

Regards

Pete