The simFlight Network Forums

text-labels in fsx

Hi,

Sorry to ask this question here (just for your information I have registered versions of FSUIPC and FSWide that hopefully legitimate me asking here!):

I would like to be able to put textlabels (like the ones that is shown in the screenshot below) in my scenery located at defined coordinates - typically a town or village name.

I was naive (and probably still am...) thinking that this could be done with a XML file containing the names and coordinates and compiled to a BGL.

Allthough I know nothing about it I now think that I have to get connected to simconnect via C++. But I could use a hint concerning in which part of the simconnect interface these things are going on.

Somehow my dll-file shall be able to read the data from my townlist and somehow I'm going to "tell" simconnect to show the name-labels in the correct position of the scenery.

So far - the only thing I have achieved is to make a program in Delphi and Javascript with the ability to create an address-longitude-lattitude list from an address list via Google Map API 3 geocoding.

I hope Mr Dowson or someone else can give me a hint about where to look in the simconnect. I have - off course - the Simconnect SDK dokumentation, but I have not been able to find it yet.

Best Regards

post-411-0-57534000-1326835743_thumb.jpg

I hope Mr Dowson or someone else can give me a hint about where to look in the simconnect. I have - off course - the Simconnect SDK dokumentation, but I have not been able to find it yet.

I've not seen anything like that either. Sorry, but I don't know how it is done. my guess would be that they are objects created in a specific position, like static ground vehicles, but with altitude, and self-orienting towards the user positin, somehow. If that's how it is done it'll be through clever scenery programming -- BGLs, so that's the place to look in the FS SDK, the scenery development area.

Alternatively I suppose they could be AI aircraft set in position and frozen. Seems less likely though.

Regards

Pete