The simFlight Network Forums

pmdg 744 fs9 gear lever

Hi does anyone know how i can get the gear lever working on the b744 pmdg fs9 version ,with a off position on a joystick lever made from a Saitek throttle assy i can get the lever to go up and down but as soon as i go from the up position to the down position it goes past the off to the down position, all i want to do is when i sectect up the lever goes up,and when i move the lever to the off position the lever on the screen stops at the off position then from the off position to the down .the lever that i have made is for a cockpit i am making and has three detents i have tried the detent method but this only works flaps or anything else, but not the gear,i have tried to set the down position from after the off position to the down ,but it goes straight past the off to the down,all i want it tree detents for the gear .hope someone can help as i am stuck.

regards steve

Hi does anyone know how i can get the gear lever working on the b744 pmdg fs9 version ,with a off position on a joystick lever made from a Saitek throttle assy i can get the lever to go up and down but as soon as i go from the up position to the down position it goes past the off to the down position, all i want to do is when i sectect up the lever goes up,and when i move the lever to the off position the lever on the screen stops at the off position then from the off position to the down

How have you assigned the axis to the gear? I don't know of any axis controls for gear levers. The "off" position tends to be decorative on the screen rather than operational. FS itself only supports Gear Up and Gear Down.

If the PMDG 744 has its own ways of selecting the positions then in order to use those from an axis you'd have to program it using the right-hand side of FSUIPC's axis assignments tab. Define the three zones, assigning whatever is needed to each.

Regards

Pete

Best bet is to create mouse macros for gear up;gear down;and gear off. Then use the axis controls as Pete suggests.

I have done this with pmdg744 FS9, although i assign the macros to a toggle switch on my Ch yoke.

actually i think you only need to create the macro for gear off, but you can experiment.

Thanks for all your help i have got it working for the up and down positions but when i start moving the lever from the up position to the down it goes down ,if only it was not so sensitive on the down mode it would work, meaning that to let me reach the off position before the gear goes down ,i know it is cosmetic i think! on pmdg 744 but it would be more realistic.i cant do macros as it does not work for axis .

regards steve

Thanks for all your help i have got it working for the up and down positions but when i start moving the lever from the up position to the down it goes down ,if only it was not so sensitive on the down mode it would work, meaning that to let me reach the off position before the gear goes down

I can't picture how you are assigning this. You should be able to define your three zones (using the right-hand side of the axis assignments) without any problem. How would the aircraft know you moved the lever down unless you had it sending something?

i cant do macros as it does not work for axis .

Really? Why do you think that? You should be able to assign any control in the dropdown on the right-hand side. Can you tell me why you can't assign to macros there? If you cannot it needs fixing, but as far as I'm aware the code is the same for all the control assignment dropdowns. You most certainly can assign to Lua plug-ins there, for instance, and they are part of the macro setup as far as assignments are concerned.

Regards

Pete

In the PMDG cockpit (2d is the one i use) there are three places you can mouse click for gear.... UP; DOWN; and OFF.

Can you create a mouse macro for OFF ?

If you can, then all you need to do is set up your axis lever with 3 zones: gear up; gear off; gear down.

You can do mouse macros for this a/c.... at least in the 2d cockpit... I have one for gear off.