The simFlight Network Forums

Goflight radios (GF-166) and ATC not lighting up

Hi Pete

I have had the GF airliner module for about 2 yrs now and not had any problem. Recently I have upgraded to W7 and from FSX Deluxe to Gold. I check in the Goflight Software and all my modules are showing, I then launch GFDEV.fsx and then fsx (Gold with Acceleration). When FSX is loading all the modules light up and then go out as per normal. But then when FSX is loaded, engines running and battery/avionics on, there is no display on the radios nor on the ATC module. If I turn the radio knobs they do not change the radios in FSX. However the movement of their knobs does show up in FSUIPC.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of GF (203) and I upgraded FSUIPC to the latest (4,80) but still no joy.

I did the same procedure, but deleting GFDEV.dll in the modules folder first, but still no joy.

I have raised this with GF too, but knowing that you use GF and I saw you commented on similar problems in the past (but I could not see a resolution), I thought I would ask you too

Best

Charles

I have had the GF airliner module for about 2 yrs now and not had any problem. Recently I have upgraded to W7 and from FSX Deluxe to Gold. I check in the Goflight Software and all my modules are showing, I then launch GFDEV.fsx and then fsx (Gold with Acceleration). When FSX is loading all the modules light up and then go out as per normal. But then when FSX is loaded, engines running and battery/avionics on, there is no display on the radios nor on the ATC module. If I turn the radio knobs they do not change the radios in FSX. However the movement of their knobs does show up in FSUIPC.

It sounds like you haven't installed the Goflight driver? FSUIPC and GFDEV.DLL are only relevant if you've programmed the knobs in FSUIPC, but FSUIPC itself doesn't provide any display facilities -- you would need to program the displays in a Lua plug-in to get them to do anything with FSUIPC, or maybe use my now unsupported program, GFDisplay.exe.

I did the same procedure, but deleting GFDEV.dll in the modules folder first, but still no joy.

All that will do is stop FSUIPC recognising any GoFlight modules, unless you also have GFDev.DLL in the proper installtion place for GFConfig etc (FSUIPC will find it via the registry pointer).

I have raised this with GF too, but knowing that you use GF and I saw you commented on similar problems in the past (but I could not see a resolution), I thought I would ask you too

I don't actually use GF devices with any of the GF software other than GFDev.DLL and I don't use any of the devices for any of their normal functions. For normal radio use you need to use the standard GoFlight drivers. I really know nothing at all about them having never used them. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the input, I have found the culprit, my GF modules were plugged into USB 3 rather than USB 2 slots, I plugged them back into the USB 2 and now all fine. I am not sure if this is a GF v USB 3 problem or the other issue may be that USB 3 goes to sleep as GF suggested in their response (copied below), I have put this back to John Krieg at GF. Sorry to use up space on a non-FSUIPC issue:

"Disable power management on the USB

To preserve power, Microsoft Window's tries to disable USB when a device is not used.

Under certain circumstances this function does not work and may cause USB devices to fail

to respond when called. To resolve this issue, disable power management.

a..Open your Control panel.

b..Click on Change Power plan.

c..Click on Change Advanced Power setting.

d..Now in Advanced setting's expand the USB.

e..Under USB Selective Suspend Settings.

f..Set to Disable Apply and exit."