The simFlight Network Forums

Prepar3D with FSUIPC-WideFs and It's Your Plane

Hi Peter,

I need some guidance.

I have FSX and It's Your Plane by Robert Cezar running across my network with FSUIPC 4.83 and WideClient 6.94 and it works just fine as well as Radar Contact4. When I installed FSUIPC on the host it correctly detected the FSX. FSX is installed on Z:\FSX (The host) and IYP is on the client. The FSTweak registry tool running on the client shows Z:\FSX as the location of FSX.

I also have Prepar3D 1.3 installed on the host computer in \Prepar3D. When I installed FSUIPC 4.83 it also detected the P3D installation as well as the FSX installation.

I am trying to get It's Your Plane working with P3D across the network. I used the FSTweak registry tool to setup the registry entry for the FSX path on the client computer to Z:\Prepar3D. I also used it to set the registry FSX path on the host to C:\Prepar3D. When I run IYP on the client it starts but then terminates with a "No simulator path found in the registry, Error - 9004" and exits to Windows 7 64 bit. I have no idea if this error message is coming from IYP or from WideFS.

I corresponded with Robert of IYP and he says that IYP depends on FSUIPC to return the location of \Prepar3D at 3E00 in FSUIPC. He referred to FSInterrogate2std.exe which I downloaded and tried but I am by no means any sort of a hex code programmer so I have no idea what I am looking at.

It "appears" to me that Radar Contact 4 IS working properly with P3D in that I do not get any error messages when I run it with P3D on the network.

I have attached the FSUIPC4 Install.log (renamed to .txt) that I found in C:\Prepar3D\Modules.

I also have attached Wideclient.log (renamed to .txt) from the client computer.

If I return the FSX registry entry on the client to Z:\FSX and start FSX on the host and run IYP across the network then IYP works just fine. Setting the registry entry on the client back to Z:\Prepar3D and running Prepar3D on the host with IYP on the client results in the error again.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Both of the computers are on the same homegroup network.

I appreciate your input.

WideClient.txt

FSUIPC4 Install.txt

I have FSX and It's Your Plane by Robert Cezar running across my network with FSUIPC 4.83 and WideClient 6.94 and it works just fine as well as Radar Contact4. When I installed FSUIPC on the host it correctly detected the FSX. FSX is installed on Z:\FSX (The host) and IYP is on the client. The FSTweak registry tool running on the client shows Z:\FSX as the location of FSX.

Why are you mapping FSX to a drive of the Client? I've never had any need to do that, not ever. I run IYP and radar Contact on a client.

I am trying to get It's Your Plane working with P3D across the network. I used the FSTweak registry tool to setup the registry entry for the FSX path on the client computer to Z:\Prepar3D.

Why? That makes no sense to me at all.

I also used it to set the registry FSX path on the host to C:\Prepar3D. When I run IYP on the client it starts but then terminates with a "No simulator path found in the registry, Error - 9004" and exits to Windows 7 64 bit. I have no idea if this error message is coming from IYP or from WideFS.

Wideclient needs no path to FS at all, and nor, as far as I know, does IYP. I've never given it a path. It sounds like you are messing up registries and mapping drives for nothing. What made you start on this path?

I corresponded with Robert of IYP and he says that IYP depends on FSUIPC to return the location of \Prepar3D at 3E00 in FSUIPC.

Yes, most FSUIPC applications obtain paths they need from FSUIPC. It constructs the full UNC path if it can. You can see the FS path it provides in the FSUIPC log file.

I have attached the FSUIPC4 Install.log (renamed to .txt) that I found in C:\Prepar3D\Modules.

I also have attached Wideclient.log (renamed to .txt) from the client computer.

Neither are relevant beyond showing things are probably okay.

Both of the computers are on the same homegroup network.

Check the FSUIPC4 log file. Maybe you've not shared the P3D folder but have done the FSX folder? It would be rather futile if IYP knew the path but couldn't access it because you'd not shared it.

None of that drive mapping and registry fiddling should ever be needed. I don't understand how you got into such things.

Regards

Pete

Sorry for asking. I did not realize I would get chewed out for trying to make it work.

Sorry, where on Earth do you see any "chewing out", whatever that means? I'm trying to help. Why such a weird retort back? Who does that help? Why ask any questions at all if you don't want any answers? I don't understand you!

i was suggesting you forget all that drive mapping and registry fiddling, and instead just check that you have shared the paths in the Server correctly. You can see the paths being supplied by FSUIPC in the FSUIPC log. I don't understand why you've done all the things you listed you'd done. You didn't explain why you'd done such things,. Maybe someone told you to?

I won't try to help at all if you come back again with such an unwarranted and unhelpful retort.

Pete

Obviously I did not explain myself well enough in my original question and I did not come across clearly but then you could have been more patient in your reply.

"Why? That makes no sense to me at all." is not the most helpful comment.

"It sounds like you are messing up registries and mapping drives for nothing. What made you start on this path?" I tried to explain myself about this but again not good enough to get a helpful reply.

I am not the brightest light bulb in the room and maybe I made some mistakes in explaining myself. Obviously you are a very bright person and I mean just that (not a snide comment) and do not have much patience with people asking dumb questions.

We will just let it go and I will not try to get it working anymore.

Obviously I did not explain myself well enough in my original question and I did not come across clearly but then you could have been more patient in your reply.

I only wanted to know why you did what you did, and in fact I still want to know. Mapping folders and fiddling with registries in not something many users do. It is quite advanced. I wouldn't venture into such things. Yet you say i'm clever and you are not? How do you work that out?

I think you must have seriously misread my reply. I simply don't understand what you'd done nor why you'd done it. I don't see any relevance in what you did to your problem, which is why I asked -- many times now. And you still won't even bother to do me the courtesy of actually replying to any of my questions! Why?

We will just let it go and I will not try to get it working anymore.

Well, please yourself, but i still don't understand why you are being like this. If you really want to simply give up, then do so, but i strongly suggest you undo the things you've done.

I wouldn't have thought it would have been so much trouble to look at the FSUIPC log file from Prepar3D to see what path it was telling applications like IYP. If the path was not a UNC path, i.e. one starting "\\<name of computer> ..." then the problem is probably smply that you've not shared the folder.

If you can't find it in the Log file, just paste it here and I'll take a look. You privided two files of no relevance, but not the one I suggested might be of assistance!

It's late here now and I'm off to bed. I'm out in the morning so it'll be a few hours before I can help further, should you change your mind.

Pete

I did not realize I had forgotten to attach the FSUIPC4.log from Prepar3D\Modules which is now attached (renamed to FSUIPC Prepar3D Log.txt).

Both the Prepar3D and FSX folders on the host are shared and have been for some time. As far as the registry entries go, I was merely trying to make sure that everything was pointed at correctly in the registry. I did not correctly state my case in that the only registry entry I "Actually" changed was on the host as an experiment. When that did not fix the problem I put it back the way it was. That was the ONLY actual change I made to the registry on any computer.

Remember, in my original post I said everything (RC4, STB, REX and others) is/are working properly across the network so sharing of the appropriate folders (FSX/Prepar3D) on the host is/was probably not an issue. I have confirmed that both folders are shared.

STB/REX are using separate Simconnect.xml files so not directly related. RC4 of course does use FSUIPC/WideFS and is working so I was confused as to the source of the error I am receiving when I run IYP.

The only problem I am having is the "No simulator path found in registry Error - 9004" that I am encountering when I run IYP with Prepar3D across the network. IYP is working fine with FSX across the network.

In my original post I was only asking your opinion if the 9004 error was coming from WideFS, FSUIPC or IYP. Since I had no idea where the message was being generated from I thought I should ask you about it and then I could try to solve the problem.

If I still am not being clear then I apologize in advance.

FSUIPC4 Prepar3D Log.txt

I did not realize I had forgotten to attach the FSUIPC4.log from Prepar3D\Modules which is now attached (renamed to FSUIPC Prepar3D Log.txt).

Both the Prepar3D and FSX folders on the host are shared and have been for some time.

Okay. And the log confirms that:

47 FLT UNC path = "\\GRF-MAIN\Users\John Fail\Documents\Prepar3D Files\"
62 FS UNC path = "\\GRF-MAIN\Prepar3D\"
2948 \\GRF-MAIN\Users\John Fail\Documents\Prepar3D Files\Cessna 310 At Williams Field Mesa Arizona KIWA Runway 30R Ready For Takeoff.FLT
2948 \\GRF-MAIN\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\310Q\c310q.AIR[/CODE]

Those are the 4 paths which any application interfacing to FSUIPC, even through WideClient, can read using that connection.

Remember, in my original post I said everything (RC4, STB, REX and others) is/are working properly across the network so sharing of the appropriate folders (FSX/Prepar3D) on the host is/was probably not an issue.

Maybe, maybe not. I really don't think all that many programs use shared folders. I'm pretty sure Radar Contact does not. If IYP does I'd be surprised, and I don't know what it is using then for? Maybe to read the current flight plan from the "FLT UNC Path" logged above?

The only problem I am having is the "No simulator path found in registry Error - 9004" that I am encountering when I run IYP with Prepar3D across the network. IYP is working fine with FSX across the network.

I'm afraid I will have to hand you back to IYP support. I really don't know what it is looking for, now why it cannot get what it wants using the paths presented to it via the interface.

Send the FSUIPC log to IYP -- that will be useful to them I expect.

BTW I loooked up error 9004. It appears to be related to a database enquiry. The wording of the error description is:

[color=#008000][b]An error occurred while processing the log for database '%.*ls'. If possible, restore from backup. If a backup is not available, it might be necessary to rebuild the log[/b][/color]

Regards

Pete

• 10 months later...

Sorry, where on Earth do you see any "chewing out", whatever that means? I'm trying to help. Why such a weird retort back? Who does that help? Why ask any questions at all if you don't want any answers? I don't understand you!

Chas sez"

Pete, lighten up!! Your comments are intimidating...we know you are The Lord guru of fsx/p3d connections, and that is greatly appreciated...GREATLY...your contributions to FSn...are legendary...but he is just a poor schlub...like me, trying to get "connected".

Comments like the below and many times above have a "shaming tone"... And while I went through Marine corps boot camp, and learned that the drill instructors were harsh for a reason, there are those, more sensitive, that interpret your pejorative and intimidating retorts as attacks...enough to give up the ghost instead of listening to old fart curmudgeonous mentors like you and I display a little impatience about Mis-steps...grin...now lets all hug it out and start again..."

N.B.--(the forum engine here doesn't understand how ipads try to quote but cant...so this is my embedded quote markl)

i was suggesting you forget all that drive mapping and registry fiddling, and instead just check that you have shared the paths in the Server correctly. You can see the paths being supplied by FSUIPC in the FSUIPC log. I don't understand why you've done all the things you listed you'd done. You didn't explain why you'd done such things,. Maybe someone told you to?

I won't try to help at all if you come back again with such an unwarranted and unhelpful retort.

Pete

Edited by Hesynergy

Pete, lighten up!! Your comments are intimidating.

Why on Earth are you offering such an opinion on a thread which has been dead for nearly a year? Are you going to go and review and criticise all my contributions here over the many years I've been here? What exactly is the purpose? Just to raise my blood pressure? Don't you realise how such comments as "lighten up" affect folks? Are you so insensitive? I am 70 this year and really could do without such pressure over irrelevant matters from folks who seem to have some agenda just to stir things up. If you have a proper contibution to make, then make it. Otherwise you really aren't welcome.

Pete