The simFlight Network Forums

Aircraft Profiles

I'm running version 3.999 in FS9. I set up a triple engined JU52 as a profile. When I load the JU52 and check the FSUIPC settings it shows as DC-3. Obviously, the same profile will not work for these two aircraft. I would do a fresh set up of the JU52 but I cannot uncheck the 'profile specific' box (greyed out).

I guess I need to amend the .ini file but what to do exactly?

Thanks.

John

I'm running version 3.999 in FS9. I set up a triple engined JU52 as a profile. When I load the JU52 and check the FSUIPC settings it shows as DC-3.

For that to happen you must either have assigned the JU52 to the DC-3 profile, or the list for the DC-3 profile includes an abbreviated or partial name which matches somewhere in the full name of the JU52. For the latter to happen you must have edited the list because by default full names are used (FSUIPC cannot "guess" at a suitable short name to, for example, cover all repaints).

I guess I need to amend the .ini file but what to do exactly?

Easy enough. Each Prifle has a sections entitled [Profile.<profile name>] in which is listed all the aircraft names which are assigned to that profile. Just find the DC-3 profile list and delete the name you don't want to be there.

Regards

Pete

Hmm...not so simple. I already tried removing the profile name from under DC-3. What happens is that when I then attempt to assign the JU52 profile it again shows as DC-3.

[Profile.Junkers 52]

1=Junkers 52/3m D-ASIS

2=AC520 Pegasus

[JoystickCalibration.Junkers 52]

AllowSuppressForPFCquad=Yes

ExcludeThrottleSet=Yes

ExcludeMixtureSet=Yes

ExcludePropPitchSet=Yes

SepRevsJetsOnly=No

ApplyHeloTrim=No

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

MapThr12to123=Yes

FlapsSetControl=0

FlapDetents=No

ReverserControl=66292

Reverser1Control=66422

Reverser2Control=66425

Reverser3Control=66428

Reverser4Control=66431

MaxThrottleForReverser=256

AileronTrimControl=0

RudderTrimControl=0

CowlFlaps1Control=0

CowlFlaps2Control=0

CowlFlaps3Control=0

CowlFlaps4Control=0

MaxSteerSpeed=60

Rudder=-16190,-1355,1408,16192

Throttle=-16209,16383

PropPitch=-16380,16380

Mixture=-16380,16380

LeftBrake=-15104,16384/16

SlopeLeftBrake=5

RightBrake=-14848,16384/16

SlopeRightBrake=5

Throttle1=-15877,-9290,-5067,16216

Throttle2=-15694,-10003,-4829,16042

PropPitch1=-16035,-9760,-5926,16039

PropPitch2=-16384,-10082,-7382,16383

Spoilers=-16209,16211/16

Flaps=-16201,16383/16

Reverser=-16380,16380

[Profile.DC3]

1=Douglas DC-3 BEA

2=Junkers 52/3m G-AHOF //this line reappears under DC3 when I check profile specific and select Junkers 52

Presumably I am missing something obvious.

Hmm...not so simple. I already tried removing the profile name from under DC-3. What happens is that when I then attempt to assign the JU52 profile it again shows as DC-3.

Are you doing this editing with FS running? If so, either don't, or select some other aircraft entirely first, so there's no existing association kept in memory, then, after editing the INI file, go to the jotstick calibration tab and click the 2Reload" button to force FSUIPC to re-scan the INI file.

Generally it is better to do such editing without FS running, to avoid any conflict with the settings already loaded into memory.

2=Junkers 52/3m G-AHOF //this line reappears under DC3 when I check profile specific and select Junkers 52

Since the INI file is the ONLY place where such information is stored, this must have occurred because the data was still in FS memory at the time. See advice above.

Pete

Are you doing this editing with FS running?

No, I never tweak settings with FS running. I saved the .ini and rebooted each time.

then, after editing the INI file, go to the jotstick calibration tab and click the 2Reload" button to force FSUIPC to re-scan the INI file.

Will do.

No, I never tweak settings with FS running. I saved the .ini and rebooted each time.

In that case there is honestly no way that entry could have "magicked" itself back into that section of the INI file. Where would FSUIPC have obtained that data from? That makes no sense, honest.

Maybe you are editing a different FSUIPC.INI file to the one really being used? When you run Windows Explorer to find the file, do so using "Run as administrator" to make sure you are not simply looking at and editing a file in a Windows-aliassed copy of the folder. That can happen with FS9, which is a Vista/Win7-unaware program if you have it installed in "Program Files", because Windows protects those folders and presents aliassed copies for all non-vista/Win7 applications.

Regards

Pete

Problem solved. It was a livery problem. The JU52 profile was for one repaint only. I was doing my checking with a different repaint loaded. I'm not sure why this second repaint chose to be a DC-3 and not something else though.

Thanks for help, Pete. As I suspected, I missed something obvious.

Regards

John