The simFlight Network Forums

NGX Variables and FSUIPC

Hello Pete!

In this thread you said, that you have included NGX variables in the FSUIPC offsets. Do you have any news if this can be published? I want to use the NGX for my Opencockpits homecockpit using SIOC, so this is very important to me.

Thank you!

David

In this thread you said, that you have included NGX variables in the FSUIPC offsets. Do you have any news if this can be published? I want to use the NGX for my Opencockpits homecockpit using SIOC, so this is very important to me.

It is published! Where have you been? The facility and documentation was built into version 4.82 soon after that thread you refer to. You really need to check the subforums here, especially the Updated Modules one in Download Links.

The full list was included several months ago and has been included in every release since. The documentation is now installed in your FSUIPC Documents folder by the version 4.84 installer. Note that the earliest supported version for FSX is actually 4.84 so you should have installed it already.

Pete

Hello Pete!

Thank you, that was my mistake I noticed the new offsets I minute after my post, thank you. I want to build a homecockpit with the NGX and Opencockpit modules. The outputs I will do with the new NGX offsets, but I have a question for the inputs. I read about "eventlogs". Can I realise inputs with them? Could you explain that to me shortly?

Thank you!

David

I have a question for the inputs. I read about "eventlogs". Can I realise inputs with them? Could you explain that to me shortly?

Sorry, there are no inputs provided specifically by FSUIPC. You must use the special control numbers added by PMDG -- see their file for the list. You can assign in FSUIPC to custom controls by number, as documented.

What do you mean by "eventlogs"? Where are you reading?

Regards

Pete

Yes, I meant assigning the controls by number. I am not sure how to do that. Could you give me an example? I would be very thankful.

As in the User Guide. Did you not find this paragraph in the section on assigning controls?

Custom controls, without a name known to FSUIPC, can be assigned by selecting <custom control> from the drop-down list, and then entering its number in decimal (range 65536 to 131070 inclusive) or, if you wish, in hexadecimal preceded by an x (range x1000 to x1FFE). Decimal will be displayed when re-viewed no matter how it is entered.

What do you need an example of? A number? e.g. 65667. That's a nuber in the correct range. I don't understand your problem.

Pete

I know this might sound a bit stupid, but I do not understand where to get the controls number from... :roll:

Thanks

David

Edit: I found the post with the evt. files: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71035-pmdg-ngx-sdk/ I am plannig to make the inputs with such an event file. How do I have to list that events? And do I need a extra program for making an evt. file or is this a txt. format?

Thanks

David

Edited by 777-Pilot

I know this might sound a bit stupid, but I do not understand where to get the controls number from... :roll:

They are published by PMDG, not me. I mention this in my list of PMDG 737NG offsets. Did you miss that as well? Here:

. To change values please use the Events (known as "controls" in FSUIPC) as listed in the "PMDG_NGX_SDK.h" file which you can find in the PMDG 737NGX SDK. The numerical values of those controls can be used directly in button and key assignments in the FSUIPC4.INI file, or from Lua plug-ins using the ipc.control function.

It is a bit of a waste of time me writing all this stuff when folks don't bother to read it :sad:.

Edit: I found the post with the evt. files: http://forum.simflig...5-pmdg-ngx-sdk/ I am plannig to make the inputs with such an event file. How do I have to list that events? And do I need a extra program for making an evt. file or is this a txt. format?

evt files are merely text lists of named custom events, and are described in the FSUIPC Advanced User's guide (in the section "Add-on Custom Events" and easily found by searching on evt).

But i don't know of any such events provided by PMDG in their 737NGX. In that thread I did say "If they are named custom events". Have you got information on some? As far as I'm aware they expect everyone to use the control numbers, not named events.

Please do refer to documentation supplied.

Pete

Hello Pete!

I read the documentation, but I still seem to make a mistake.

I will give you an example, please correct me if one of my steps is wrong:

1) I choose a control in the PMDG_NGX_SDK.h file. (#define EVT_OH_ELEC_BATTERY_SWITCH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 1) // 01 - BAT Switch)

2) As it says there, I add 1 to 65536, which is the min. value for a custom event.

3) I select a key for the control

4) The Battery Switch should move now, when I press the selected key, but it doesn´t.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

David

1) I choose a control in the PMDG_NGX_SDK.h file. (#define EVT_OH_ELEC_BATTERY_SWITCH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 1) // 01 - BAT Switch)

2) As it says there, I add 1 to 65536, which is the min. value for a custom event.

3) I select a key for the control

4) The Battery Switch should move now, when I press the selected key, but it doesn´t.

You seem to have missed some steps out. What do you do between 3 and 4? Having sleected a key you have to ASSIGN to "<custom contro>" and give the number you compute -- i.e. 65537. Okay out.

Is that what you did? If not why not, and why not tell me what you did?

Additionally, I supect that this control is not a "toggle control", but a proper switch needing a parameter, like 1 for "ON" and 0 for "OFF". Did you provide a parameter?

These are getting to be questions for PMDG support not mine. I cannot support PMDG product -- s I don't know what all their controls do. I don't even use any PMDG products!

Pete

Hello Pete!

I followed the steps exactly as you wrote. The problem seems to be, that the control numbers from PMDG seem to be wrong, as you can see in the picture.

987Unbenannt.jpg

Do you have an idea? Otherwise I will ask the PMDG support.

Thanks

David

I followed the steps exactly as you wrote. The problem seems to be, that the control numbers from PMDG seem to be wrong, as you can see in the picture.

Do you have an idea? Otherwise I will ask the PMDG support.

Have you checked you have the right number? It seems most unlikely that PMDG are re-using many in the initial range from 65536- upwards. Nearly all of the first few hundred are already allocated.

Here, I've checked for you. You have it all wrong. These are the definitions:

#define THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN 0x00011000 // equals to 69632

#define EVT_OH_ELEC_BATTERY_SWITCH (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 1) // 01 - BAT Switch

So the battery switch is 69632 + 1 = 69637. The starting value they are using is well above the FS values, at 65536 + 4096!!!

Please do read these things more carefully. I shouldn't need to do this for you!

Pete

Thanks Pete!

I also read this paragraph, but I just did not understand it respectively did not link it with my problem... Sorry for wasting your time, but I think I understood it now and my problem is solved!

Regards

David

• 7 months later...

Have you checked you have the right number? It seems most unlikely that PMDG are re-using many in the initial range from 65536- upwards. Nearly all of the first few hundred are already allocated.

Here, I've checked for you. You have it all wrong. These are the definitions:

So the battery switch is 69632 + 1 = 69637. The starting value they are using is well above the FS values, at 65536 + 4096!!!

Please do read these things more carefully. I shouldn't need to do this for you!

Pete

69632 + 1 = 69637!?

Typo or am I missing something?

• 2 weeks later...