The simFlight Network Forums

Am I doing this right?

Pete, I can't seem to get the "Disconnect elevator trim axis for AP" function to work. I am using 4.853 FSUIPC. Isn't this supposed to stop the visual trim wheel from moving when the AP is engaged and therefore not getting it out of sync with my analog trim wheel controller?

I also had a question about aircraft profiles. After getting everything set for more than one specific aircraft, how do I switch between profiles for those aircraft?

Thanks Mark

The way I understand it is that it disables the AXIS on your trim wheel when you have the Auto Pilot engaged. i.e. you can move the axis as much as you want while the AP is engaged but it won't alter the planes elevator trim. It won't stop it getting out of sync though and that is one of the reasons why I didn't bother buying one of those nice looking Saitek Trim wheels, I could foresee this sync problem arising so I'm glad I didn't waste my money for a change, lol.

Profiles are assigned to the aircraft by you in the FSUIPC GUI, if you want to remove an aircraft from a specific profile then you have to remove it manually by editing the relevant profile section of the FSUIPC.ini by deleting the aircraft from the list. See the example below of the aircraft that are included in my Profile called "GA". To remove an aircraft I have to completely delete one of the numbered lines. I also make sure the numbered lines are in sequence after I have deleted one, whether this is needed or not I am not sure.

[Profile.GA]
1=C Skylane 182Q6
2=C Skylane II RG R182
3=American Champion Scout FSX Red with Black
4=American Champion Citabria FSX Red and White
5=Beech Baron 58
6=Cessna Skyhawk
7=jfarcher_FR3
8=C337 Skymaster[/CODE]

I think Pete did mention at one point that he was thinking of adding a way of removing an aircraft from an existing profile (via the GUI), although I'm not sure if this has already been implemented or not, (sorry if it has Pete) its been a while since I used FS never mind assigned a new aircraft to a profile.

Pete, I can't seem to get the "Disconnect elevator trim axis for AP" function to work. I am using 4.853 FSUIPC. Isn't this supposed to stop the visual trim wheel from moving when the AP is engaged and therefore not getting it out of sync with my analog trim wheel controller?

Andy's given you the correct answer for that one. The disconnection is to stop your trim axis messing up what the AP is trying to do. You can't stop the AP using trim else it won't work.

I also had a question about aircraft profiles. After getting everything set for more than one specific aircraft, how do I switch between profiles for those aircraft?

As Andy says, just remove the line in the list for the old Profile in the INI file. Why would you want to do such a thing -- did you make a mistake in assigning the profile?

If you want to fly the same aircraft with different profiles for different circumstances, it would be better to edit that aircraft's AIRCRAFT.CFG file and add another instance of it with a different name. the name could even include some Profile ID.

After today I am away on holiday till november 5th, so please forgive any delays.

Regards

Pete