The simFlight Network Forums

rudder trim and rudder problem

Dear Pete

i have my rudder and my rudder trim confiurated throught FSUIPC.

As far as i know the rudder trim moves the pedals for the pilot not to have to be pushing the pedal, so as i understand the maximun rudder trim should have the same effect that full rudder pedal

My situation is that with full pedal and with the rudder indicator in the limit, if i move the rudder trim, the plane yaws more

for example, after take off with engine failure pushing the full pedal, i´m not able to maintain centerline and the plane goes out, but if i also move the rudder trim, i´m able to follow a level flight.

After take off i am able to control the plane just using the pedals, the problem is after take off with SE

is this correct?

Ther is any way to do that the rudder pedals imput will be as the rudder trim imput?

in fsuipc i have ruder trim and ruder with a range from 16383 to -16383 without any slope

Any idea ?

thanks so much

Miguel

As far as i know the rudder trim moves the pedals for the pilot not to have to be pushing the pedal, so as i understand the maximun rudder trim should have the same effect that full rudder pedal

My situation is that with full pedal and with the rudder indicator in the limit, if i move the rudder trim, the plane yaws more

If so it will definitely be because that aircraft or FS generally is programmed to make them additive. As far as FSUIPC is concerned they are different axes and it is simply sending the values to FS for it to handle.

in fsuipc i have ruder trim and ruder with a range from 16383 to -16383 without any slope

Are you assigning in FSUIPC as well as calibrating there? If not, if they are assigned in FS instead, then make sure the sensitivity slider is set max (full right) and the dead zone slider set off (full left). Both will otherwise limit the effect of the axes. (FSUIPC's slopes facility does NOT limit anything, it merely changes the sensitivity in one area and balances it in another).

Pete

i made the test of setting sensivity to the maximun and dead zone to the minimun an the result is the same

There really should be enough rudder action to do what you need the aircraft to do, then, so it sounds like a poor aircraft design.you may be able to adjust rudder effectiveness in the Aircraft.CFG file -- but I'm not the right person to advise on such things. Best trying an aircraft design forum or the support for the aircraft you are using.

Pete

Rudder trim isn't well simulated in FSX, to the best of my knowledge.

I wouldn't expect it to cause a full rudder deflection.

Hmm. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the OP was complaining that the rudder trim had more effect than the rudder itself and wanted the rudder to have as much effect.

Pete

Hummm...I missed that point. Sounds like a problem with the particular aircraft modeling unless,

of course, he sees this on all aircraft. The aircraft.cfg file has separate entries for max trim

and max rudder, AIR. There is also an effectiveness entry. The aircraft I fly have limited trim

relative to control surface inputs, be it rudder, aileron , or elevator.

Paul