The simFlight Network Forums

New computer for a registered version FSUIPC

I want to put my registered copy of FSUIPC onto a new computer. As I understand, I must go to the internet site where I purchased the program, download it on my new computer and use the key code when installing FSUIPC onto my new computer. Correct?

I would also like to know what is the best way to get the setting (buttons&switches) on my old computer to the new computer. Do I just email my FSUIPC4.ini file on the old computer to myself and put it into the Modules folder on my new computer. Is there anything else I would need to do?

Hello George,

Yes, you can just install FSUIPC on the new PC and register it using the same information that you used before. Please be careful to enter the information exactly the same - copying and pasting it from your simMarket account is usually the best bet.

Pete is probably best placed to advise regarding copying your ini file across. I suspect that there would be no problems in doing so, but it's probably best that this be confirmed by someone more knowledgeable.

All the best,

Ian P.

I want to put my registered copy of FSUIPC onto a new computer. As I understand, I must go to the internet site where I purchased the program, download it on my new computer and use the key code when installing FSUIPC onto my new computer. Correct?

Well, whilst downloading a new copy would make sure you were up to date, if your existing copy is up to date, why not just copy it over? Yes, you'd need to register it, so you'd need to run the Installer to do this in any case.

I would also like to know what is the best way to get the setting (buttons&switches) on my old computer to the new computer. Do I just email my FSUIPC4.ini file on the old computer to myself and put it into the Modules folder on my new computer. Is there anything else I would need to do?

Email? Can't you just copy it over, or via a disk or memory stick?

If you use Joy Letters to identify your joystick devices then you should have no trouble. If not you'll probably find all the joystick numbers are different, so your axis and button assignments, if you have any, may be all jumbled up and assigned to the wrong devices.

Regards

Pete