The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 installer asks for P3D location after it's uninstalled

Hi Pete,

I've got a minor issue with the FSUIPC4 installer asking me for the installed location of Prepar3D. I had recently un-installed Prepar3D as it wasn't being used as much as FSX was however in so doing, every time I re-install FSUIPC4, I'm presented with that confounded dialog box. Is there a way to get the FSUIPC4 installer to realize that Prepar3D is not actually installed once and for all?

Best Regards,

Joshua Robertson

Creator of FS Real Time

3D Softworks Design Studios

http://www.3dsoftworks.net

I've got a minor issue with the FSUIPC4 installer asking me for the installed location of Prepar3D. I had recently un-installed Prepar3D as it wasn't being used as much as FSX was however in so doing, every time I re-install FSUIPC4, I'm presented with that confounded dialog box. Is there a way to get the FSUIPC4 installer to realize that Prepar3D is not actually installed once and for all?

The only reason it is doing that is that the entries in the Registry still say P3D is installed. Did you uninstall P3D by simply deleting it, or using it's own uninstaller? If the latter then that uninstaller is faulty. You should report that to L-M. Meanwhile you'll need to edit the registry.

How often are you actually re-installing FSUIPC4? Seems an odd complaint to make for somethng probably only needed about once every 6 months to a year when major updates are issued!

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for responding. I'm deleting P3D by using the uninstaller. Because of FS Real Time development and the fact that FSUIPC and FSUIPC4 are both bundled with FS Real Time, I typically go thru maybe as many as 40 or 50 re-install's of FSUIPC and FSUIPC4 during an active development cycle. This latest upcoming release adds support of FS Real Time for users of P3D and also for users of Windows 8.

Again, like I said in my OP, it's only a minor issue. However, would you be so inclined as to tell me what specific registry keys need editing?

Thanks,

Joshua Robertson

Creator of FS Real Time

3D Softworks Design Studios

http://www.3dsoftworks.net

However, would you be so inclined as to tell me what specific registry keys need editing?

It varies according to operating system, but can be found in the FSUIPC4 Install log, where it does actually log what it is doing and even tells you how it found you had P3D installed in the first place! Please check your FSX, ESP or P3D Modules folder!

Pete