The simFlight Network Forums

Team Speak for client PC

Pomm

Hello Peter

I have enjoyed WideFS and FSUIPC in new FS2004

environment. I usually fly online in IVAO with

voice communiction to ATC by assigning BUT 1

on CH yoke for Roger Wilco (push and talk). RW is

located on the cliant PC connected by FSUIPC and WIDEFS.

It works very well. Presently IVAO has given

a chance for members to test new voice communication

called "Team Speak". And I have a chance to try last

week while arriving at LAX control. You might

imagine that I can not assign button on CH Yoke

to use with "Team speak". I have also read WIDEFS

manual by section of SENDKEY but not successfully

apply to make it work.

Kindly advise possibility to make Team speak be able

to push and talk in client PC.

Thanks for your kind support.

Komsan

Presently IVAO has given

a chance for members to test new voice communication

called "Team Speak". And I have a chance to try last

week while arriving at LAX control. You might

imagine that I can not assign button on CH Yoke

to use with "Team speak". I have also read WIDEFS

manual by section of SENDKEY but not successfully

apply to make it work.

Kindly advise possibility to make Team speak be able

to push and talk in client PC.

Sorry, you'll need to tell me more than that. Does "Team Speak" have a hot key arrangement for PTT? If not then that's a problem, you would have to get onto its author. If it does use standard hotkey methods then the existing WideFS facilities for converting KeySends into keystrokes should work fine.

The problem with Roger Wilco was that it didn't use normal Windows hotkey or keyboard input techniques for its PTT. It uses the keyboard "asynch state" -- the actual keys prssed at the time, which there is no way I can get into from WideClient. However, in Roger Wilco there are Registered messages it uses as well for PTT, and this is what the WideFS "RWon" and "RWoff" use.

If "Team Speak" does similar things to Roger Wilco to get its PTT key presses, then this would explain why you cannot get KeySend keystrokes to work. In this case you would need to find out, from the author, whether there are Registered Messages which can be used instead. I would then have to add extra facilities to WideClient to generate those.

Regards,

Pete

Hi,

I use TS with my gaming 'clan', if you will, and also with FS quite well. First you have to go into FSUIPC and set up a joystick button as your transmit. I use Num-0 (Ins). So I'd assign a my trigger button so when I click it, it will be like pressing Num-0. Then go to TS. Assign your transmit button to Num-0. That should work for you. No need to go direct like what you are suggesting.

Thanks,

Kris Reaville

Thanks to both of you for suggestion.

Kris, I have already assigned the BUTTON 1 for trigger the voice in FSUIPC. There is no any problem once TS and Main FS (my server) are in the same PC. Actually I put my online Facilities in Client PC which are Squawkbox TeamSpeak RogerWilco and ActiveSky by using FSUIPC and WIDEFS for connector. I can use BUTTON 1 to trigger voice for RW while online session (NO Problem). In this case i put

ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=rwon

KeySend2=rwoff

in wideclient.ini without any problem.

Peter, I have not asked the question to TS supporter yet. TS use PTT with any key assighed by user. I use the default "F12" for PTT. (same as RW) then I also tried

ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=32

KeySend2=32,17

On both Wideserver.ini and Wideclient.ini and that seem not to be worked.

I will try to ask for "Registered Messages" as you mentioned and let you know.

Thanks

I have already assigned the BUTTON 1 for trigger the voice in FSUIPC. There is no any problem once TS and Main FS (my server) are in the same PC.

Do you program your "Button 1" to send a keystroke to Team Speak, using the "Buttons" page in FSUIPC? If so you should be able to apply the same technique via WideFS, but this time making KeySends do the job.

I use the default "F12" for PTT. (same as RW) then I also tried

ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=32

KeySend2=32,17

On both Wideserver.ini and Wideclient.ini and that seem not to be worked.

You do not specify Keys to be pressed in WideServer! You CAN specify buttons in there, to be converted to KeySend numbers, but it is far easier to program the buttons in FSUIPC. Just program the button to send KeySend 1 when pressed and KeySend 2 when released. Please see the FSUIPC documentation.

As far as having those parameters in WideClient.ini, they cannot possibly work! Key code "32" is the Space Bar! That cannot trigger PTT if it is programmed via F12! Please check the key list in the FSUIPC Advanced Guide -- you will see that F12 is keycode 123.

Also, you need to refer to the WideFS document. You have to have special shift state values for separate "press" and "release" operations. In your case above KeySend1=32 just means "press space bar and release it" (but still needing ,8 to do that!), whilst the "32,17" in the second one means "press Shift+Space and hold them down"! Why do you want to do that?

Please check the document -- you will see that the shift state needs to be 16 to press a key on its own and not release it, and 24 to release it.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for very details explaination. :)

Yes I use BUTTON page to programme BUT for KEYSEND via WIDEFS.

Ahhhh, It was my fault to put 32,17 in Wideclient.ini file while I asssigned F12 for TS. I hope I can make it through tonite. :)

Thanks very much

Komsan