The simFlight Network Forums

3130 (flight number) works for writing if also writing to 0130 (flight plan)

Hi,

The documentation says that 0x3130 doesn't work for writing in FSX. However, I just stumbled on having this work for writing when I also wrote a new flightplan to the sim via 0130.

Anyway, that's that, for verification.

Cheers,

Bryn.

FSUIPC_Write(0x3130, 12, fn, &dwResult);

FSUIPC_Write(0x0130, 256, a, &dwResult);

FSUIPC_Process(&dwResult);

where fn is a pointer to the flightplan, and a is a pointer to the flight number.

The documentation says that 0x3130 doesn't work for writing in FSX.

However, I just stumbled on having this work for writing when I also wrote a new flightplan to the sim via 0130.

Hmm. Interesting. I'm not sure whether this means it ONLY works if you first set a flight plan, or whether it was a change in SP1, SP2 or Acceleration after the initial tests on 3130 were done.

I wonder ifyou can change the tail number and airline name used by ATC too (offsets 313C and 3148)? Seem less likely because they are paint jobs too. Obviously it is more useful to be able to change the flight number in any case.

Anyway, that's that, for verification.

Thanks. I'll update the doc ready for the next release, whenever.

Regards

Pete