The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC replacement questions

Hello: 1/ I have a registered version of the previous FSUIPC3 purchased through simMarket (their order 453759)---Do I use the same key for registering the new version?----2/ I am now running both FS9 and FSX but FSX is on a separate Hard Drive. Do I install v 3.999z2 in Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FS9 for Flight Sim 2004 and then v 4.90 on the separate HD for FSX or will the installers seek out the two program locations? Thank You. Mike Chute :neutral:

Peter will hopefully confirm this soon, but I'm certain that the appropriate version of FSUIPC will obtain the location of its version of FS9/X from the registry.

Regarding registration, yes, your current details will still work - please ensure that you use exactly the same details that you used when originally purchasing the license, however.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Pete,

Do we have to uninstall the old product and then install the new file, or just install over the old program? Also, will all our config data, such as axis and button information be saved throught the install process or are we going to have to reassign everything?

Thanks,

John Croft

Registered user for FS9 and FSX

I'm not Pete, sorry, but can answer the question.

Install over the top - FSUIPC will retain your existing configuration data if you do. In case you aren't sure, you can back up your .ini and .key files before installing.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Hello: 1/ I have a registered version of the previous FSUIPC3 purchased through simMarket (their order 453759)---Do I use the same key for registering the new version?

Use your FSUIPC3 key for FSUIPC3. If you have it registered already you don't need to register again, just click "Cancel" when the installer asks you. (It does tell you this in the Installation guide in the ZIP).

2/ I am now running both FS9 and FSX but FSX is on a separate Hard Drive. Do I install v 3.999z2 in Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\FS9 for Flight Sim 2004 and then v 4.90 on the separate HD for FSX or will the installers seek out the two program locations? Thank You. Mike Chute :neutral:

Unless you've moved things around manually, the installers will locate them correctly from the Registry entries. I you've moved them you wouuld need to tell the installer where to find the FS "EXE" files, as that tells it both the version and the location. it will be obvious when you run the installers.

Pete

I just dowloaded and did an install of the new dll. (3.999z2) However, immediately after, my Norton AV removed everything as it detected what it called a Sonar.Heuristic that it considered a serious threat ????? what to do now? This was for FS9 and I have a registered copy.

Mike

I just dowloaded and did an install of the new dll. (3.999z2) However, immediately after, my Norton AV removed everything as it detected what it called a Sonar.Heuristic that it considered a serious threat ????? what to do now? This was for FS9 and I have a registered copy.

Norton appears to be a **** nuisance -- another userreported totally different behaviour -- only NAV seems to have the problem. Sorry, but I use AVG and it says it's fine. Please see the existing thread in which I explain why it's a false positive:

http://forum.simflig...rus-and-3999z2/

You'll see they reported that it was only the Installation file in any case.

Pete